•43•

•Chapter forty three•

You don't have to worry. 

Taehyung stood alone in his room. 

He didn't know what to feel and how to feel when he was so numb and tired. 

Even as he stood with a ghost pale face and blank eyes near his bed, he just couldn't familiarize himself with this place that he wished so much to return to. 

Everything was kept just as perfectly as he had left it, but there was no trace of his own scent in the room. The room smelled strongly of gardenia, and it proved to Taehyung that Jungkook depended on his scent just as much as Taehyung did on Jungkook's.

While it was the bond that made Taehyung want Jungkook's scent, it was Jungkook's longing for him that made him come to his room and inhale the scent. 

Everything had happened. There were no worries at all now. 

Jungkook would come back. His baby who was with a doctor, sleeping peacefully after having her feed while being checked by the doctor would be in his arms by tomorrow. 

They'd be a family of three then. Taehyung would get married to Jungkook and become a queen. He would live happily with Jungkook and his kids--because he was surely giving Jungkook another child, one with who he will spend time even before its birth--after that.

But Taehyung couldn't help but wonder if there could be another way the past had taken place. 

He robbed Jungkook of the precious moments with his daughter that he deserved. He kept the truth from him. 

He saw the look on the faces of the people who were present in the throne room. Even after Jungkook had left, they did open their mouth to speak a word. They remained speechless, afraid. 

He couldn't take in the fact that it was his fault Jungkook was in that state. 

Who wouldn't be upset knowing that their child was there, was born, and they didn't even know until they figured it out themselves? 

Though Taehyung was so overwhelmed to see his daughter's pretty little eyes reflect his own, he couldn't imagine how hurt Jungkook would have been after the initial happiness of finding his daughter faded. 

He had cried in Yoongi's chest for a while before he took his daughter from him left after telling Yoongi that he had no energy left to speak. He just begged his brother to let things be for the night as too many things had already happened. 

He was so worried about the tiny girl that he went right to the chamber of the doctor and handed the doctor his daughter. 

He was assured that the child will be okay. The doctor even told him that their child could be an omega due to the way she didn't react instantly after getting away from her mother like an alpha would do. 

It filled him with warmth. 

The warmth faded once he stepped his feet into this dark room of his, the thoughts of his daughter settling somewhere behind his head with his mate's thoughts tormenting him now. 

He didn't know how long he was standing like this. 

He didn't know whether his legs hurt from all these actions. The throbbing of his pained abdomen felt just like tiny little kicks that he felt before he gave birth, and it was getting so difficult to believe that his baby wasn't in there anymore. 

Everything happened too fast. 

He was suddenly giving birth, suddenly having his child taken away, then suddenly ending up in this room of his.