•2•

•Chapter two•

Keeping a secret is really difficult. 

Jungkook ate breakfast slowly, focus more on the book in front of him rather than the food. A calm expression decorated his features as he let out sighs once is a while. Youngmi left a while earlier, leaving him to his worried thoughts of his and the kingdom's future. 

As the future king, his family had huge expectations from him. 

His mother was such a good ruler. She had managed to take away the pains of so many people and had made her own space in all of their hearts. 

He was worried that he may not be as good as she was, that he may put her down.

Well, he didn't want to be the king. In all honesty, he sees it more as a responsibility than something he was passionate about. 

He didn't want to be the highest in rank. He didn't want people to respect him because he was a king or the future heir of this kingdom. 

When he visits the public places, he doesn't want people to immediate stand away from his path so he could pass and bow to him or feel anxious when he was near so they don't end up doing something to annoy him. 

He didn't want to be greater than someone. He was never a power greedy man. 

But he will be the king as he didn't want to run away from his responsibilities and hurt his mother by refusing to do so. 

If he could, he would request her to make Hoseok the king, but only the firstborn child of the current king and queen could be the heir. Hoseok was adopted by her, and Jungkook was Youngmi's only actual child. 

He didn't want to be careless and spoil the lives of hundred. He could give his life for saving even one stranger; he couldn't even think about failing hundreds of people. 

A distant and low laugh pulled him out of his worried thoughts. A smile was instantly forced to his face like as if he didn't even have a right to react in an other way. 

Well, he didn't have a right when his soul and heart were connected to the owner of this glorious laugh. 

His heart skipped a beat when he heard a certain omega's laugh again. Oh, how sweet, soothing and calming that laugh is; it took away every ounce of stress from him, putting him to peace. 

Taehyung...  He thinks, shaking his head. Just when will this effect you have on me vanish?  

Without doing anything is particular, you've blown my mind away and made me so, so... 

crazy. 

You mean so much without being anyone to me or having any relationship with me. Now i wonder what I am to you. 

He knew the answer. He knew that he was just one of the hundred casual and normal alphas to Taehyung. The younger saw him as just someone in the kingdom. 

He was just one of those alphas who were respectful and sweet to everyone, nothing else. 

Someone who was pure and sweet, believed in love and smiles than ruthless punishment and growls of anger. In simple words, an alpha of an omega superior society.