•27•

•Chapter twenty seven•

New place. New people.

Taehyung didn't move even a bit when the cart owner made an announcement of them reaching the village, early in the morning when the sun hadn't risen completely yet.

Chohee was deep asleep beside him too, and he was too lost to wake her up at that moment.

"We're here!" The man announced again, concluding that they hadn't heard him the first time. 

Well, it's time to face strangers finally.

I wish I'll be given a little time to break their jaws if they reject from letting me live there.

He gave himself a encouraging pat on the back mentally and telling himself that things couldn't get any worse than it already is unless he fell off the cart and broke his back before he got into the village.

Wait... That could be a good reason to get sympathy and live there.

He wasn't going to willingly break his back, of course. What if his puppy gets hurt?

If things went out well, this could be one of the happiest time of his life, and he would get another reason to be proud of himself as he survived without his loved ones for a long time.

"Noona!" He yelled when she wouldn't wake up with his pats and shakes. "We're here!"

He dragged the grumbling beta girl out of the cart, bowed down to the smiling old man who courteously gave them a nice ride till here and patted the heads of the buffaloes.

"Enjoy your stay in the village! The people here are absolute angels so you might not face any problems!"

Those words provided the omega with the comfort he needed. He smiled as wide as he can, thanking the man again.

"Are you scared?" Chohee asks after seeing how quickly the smile on Taehyung's face vanished after the man left.

"I do have the right to feel so, right? All of them might despise me for having lived the best life while they lived in these tiny huts even when we're all of the same class. I even caused the death of my mother..."

"That might be your imagination too," Chohee comforted him. "As far as I know, they were the ones who begged her highness to help you out. They wouldn't do so if they hated you."

Taehyung didn't entirely change his opinions of the people he was going to meet but knew there was no point of this argument.

They could be angels. They could be devils. They could help him out, sort out his problems, give him love, or yell at him, push him away and throw him out of this place.

"Come," the girl muttered, grabbing his palm. "It's early in the morning, and this is the time you'll be able to meet people and tell them what you need to."

They had to walk a few more steps. Taehyung could already see a few people standing in tiny groups and speaking while drinking something from tiny cups, seemingly tea.

"I want to run," Taehyung whispered in a shaky tone when they were noticed by people who started making their way closer to them. Taehyung looked away, not wanting to look at them for any longer.