•12•

•Chapter twelve•

Cyrus' king, Daesong.

"Where's the crown prince?" Taehyung asks a servant, eyes searching for a certain black-haired male. The servant only frowned in response.

"Why do you search for him?" The beta servant frowned and rolled his eyes.

After Yoongi's disappearance, Taehyung was getting such harsh treatment from everyone. Of course, Yoongi share of dislike was coming towards him now, but Taehyung didn't mind it. Unless Yoongi is happy...

Taehyung didn't care about these fuckers anyway.

It's not like their angry remarks and rolling eyes action made any difference to him and his life. The only problem was that it made him want comfort and warmth more than he would.

He'd spent a while away from his brother and knew exactly what it felt like to be lonely. But this was worse. He didn't felt the presence of anyone beside him at all.

It wasn't like he didn't try to make it better.

He went to Youngmi a couple of times, and the woman was kind enough to open her arms to welcome him to a hug. But neither did she ask him about what he was feeling, nor did she genuinely think of him even with him right there.

She seemed lost.

And it was related to that single letter itself. Taehyung often wondered what the matter was, but he removed it from his mind because he couldn't be of any help.

He needed someone.

The hole in his heart didn't vanish at all. It grew more and more painful every minute he was away from Jungkook while he felt the best when he was around Jungkook.

He was a common doctor so didn't know much about the entire thing that was going on but knew that this was related to some thing related to bonding of werewolves.

However, this longing and restlessness he felt when being away from Jungkook--who was currently trying to stay far away from Taehyung as he didn't want to show his face to someone who hated him--could be felt in any small bonding too.

Taehyung hoped it was that way and wasn't anything serious.

He wished that this effect quickly vanished because Jungkook was making efforts into moving on. He couldn't grab his hand and pull him back again when there was no future for them.

He was not going to be selfish now.

No matter what, if he was suffering, he would continue to suffer alone and not worry anybody about it. He'd learn to live all alone, if that was even possible.

But at present, there was no way he could stay away from Jungkook because he felt way too anxious while staying away.

Jungkook had become his source of comfort. He was addicted to the calmness he felt when he was around Jungkook because of whatever these changes were.

It made him hundred times happier when he was around the alpha and hundred times more lonely when he was away.

So he would do what he wanted as long as it doesn't hurt the alpha.

For instance, search for him and sit somewhere far away to look at him.

"Just answer to the point," Taehyung growled at the servant. When the servant continued to keep his mouth shut, Taehyung looked at a guard standing nearby and signaling him to come closer.

"What's the matter, Taehyung-ssi?" The guard asks softly, leaving the servant speechless.

Taehyung smirked smugly and scoffed. "Looks like you forgot that I'm still loved and respected by the queen, hmm? You'd be kicked out if I tell them that you're misbehaving with the queen's favorite omega."