•14•

•Chapter fourteen•

Cruel.

The courtroom usually remained close all through the night, only opening when the sun had already risen and used for listening to problems of the subjects or having a normal party which had everyone of the kingdom invited.

Yet, this time, the room was flooded with people who live within the palace in their respective quarters, including the members of royal family, servants, guards and palace warriors. 

A tense and awkward tension and silence had created a suffocating atmosphere. The pheromones of an angry alpha was all that could be comprehended by Taehyung. 

It was booming, letting every soul present there know that the prince was upset, mad, boiling in an emotion which they barely see him in.

It was so unlikely of the rather calm alpha.

Certainly, Daesong wasn't here for a friendly and soft conversation. As much as he looked happy and sweet with a bright smile, crinkled eyes which made the skin near his eyes wrinkle, he was here for ordering for things that could end up breaking the kingdom.

However, the alpha was wrong if he thought he could ask for them to hand the kingdom to him. Youngmi had clearly mentioned a reasonable wish, and asking for the kingdom cannot be reasonable.

Things have changed ever since the war.

Youngmi has proved to be a perfect queen by building the kingdom to the point that it couldn't be defeated.

The strategic ways of defence, the high guarding and the immense amount of weapons they had couldn't be defeated by a sinking kingdom like Cyrus.

He wouldn't do anything to spark the anger of this place and disrupt peace.

His ulterior motives of being here weren't known, but all of them knew that Daesong was up to no good. 

All they could do was listen to his request and accept it or decline it and give birth to another war which would destroy more lives and wealth.

They had to see where fate takes them.

Youngmi cleared her throat, indicating the servant to serve wine to the man. Daesong laughed at her sweet actions, almost mockingly. 

"What is in this?" Daesong asks, challenging them with his eyes. "Heard that this shameful place was invented by a cheater who dared to poison her own family to take control of this kingdom, dirtying the place with her filthy hands. How should I trust that you aren't trying to poison me when you are my rival?" 

"That wouldn't be required," Jungkook seethed. "If we had an intention to kill you, I would proudly kill you with my sword and stain my hands with your blood like Mother Atlas did with her abusers, with lowlifes." 

"Lowlifes?" Daesong's eyes slightly darkened, but he kept his composure. He raised his hands to rub his fingers over his chin. 

'This place is itself formed by a lowlife--" 

"King Daesong!" Youngmi warned. "I'm sure you aren't here to speak about the history of our kingdom, are you? Please, get to the point and tell us why you decided to show up at such a late time." 

"You see," Daesong said, smiling, "I don't talk to omegas. I would like to talk to someone who can compete me, an alpha. So you could either keeps shut or leave this courtroom." 

"You're in Atlas, king," Youngmi calmly stated, sensing the irritation her people were feeling from the disrespect he was showing towards omegas. "Kings and queens can only rule within their own kingdom, and you are not in your kingdom."