•34•

Chapter thirty four•

Just a little mercy.

Mira took a deep breath to calm her raging heart once she reached the cave she had planned to come to. It was still dark, and she had a few loyal guards and maids with her because she just wouldn't survive without their help.

In the time she spent in the castle as a queen, she had learned the strategic places of the kingdom along with the ones isolated completely.

This cave was one of those isolated places.

She knew no one from the kingdom could find her here for up to three or four days. She couldn't even tell whether everything would be fine by then or not because she doesn't even know what she was doing.

She had planned only until this moment. After this, whatever happens will be out of her hands.

Her child... The place she will live at...

She knew nothing.

All she was sure about was that she wasn't going back to Jungkook until it had to be done for whatever the reason may be.

She just doesn't want to go back.

Her presence, love, admiration weren't liked by Jungkook, and she was fed up with trying to do things for a person who sees her as nothing. Well, she was a reason it ended up like that anyway.

She wondered how different things had been if she had been a bit more considerate to take care of Jungkook and his needs when he was taking care of her.

Where had she put her heart when she forced her savior to marry her and pulled him away from his happiness?

The chaotic situation, the apprehension, the loneliness was all caused to her by herself. There was no one else to be blamed.

Unconsciously, she did such horrible things that now she had become someone as evil as her dead father. She had grabbed Jungkook's hand and thrown him off the cliff when all he wanted to do was to give her his hand and save her.

Things couldn't be turned back now.

Taehyung and Jungkook had lost a few precious moments together, and though it made her burn from inside to think of how worse the things had turned out--out Jungkook would now get back to his lover and act like she never existed--it should all be okay.

It should be okay. She has left that place now and has decided to let them do whatever they want.

She has decided to erase these memories along with the memories of her father. She has a child to look after and another boy--her child's father--to look for.

That's all she could do. She would find the boy who she made to impregnate her, ask him about what she's supposed to do, let him know everything about the child, and live with him if he says so or go back to her kingdom.

She wanted to avoid going back to Cyrus at any cost.

The people will harass her all over again for holding the child of someone who left her and curse at her for not being worth everything. After having been to such a beautiful place where everything is accepted and everyone is loved, she hated the thought of going back to her place.

But she would gladly remove all sort of love for Jungkook just so she can live with the father of her baby.

It was difficult to just move on when she hasn't even ended things with Jungkook properly or given him a divorce, but nothing mattered unless she wasn't alone.