•36•

Chapter thirty six

How could it be expected for anything to turn out well? 

"Not well?" Chohee asked, checking his temperature. 

Taehyung lay on the bed, so still and almost asleep that he could barely give her an answer. He sighed out, carefully--very slowly--tilting to his right. 

Nothing hurt, but the fear of having backaches and pressing his swollen leg on something made him cautious. He was surrounded by Jungkook's warm furry clothes, feeling pure bliss by how he practically inhaled his mate in every breath he took. 

Until now, they allowed him to take out just one cloth of Jungkook and keep it until it lost its smell before taking another so they wouldn't have to go bring more. 

Now, Taehyung insisted, threw another tantrum, on wanting to be covered by his scent. 

Chohee and Hyeon were weak for his cries. They would stay stern on their words only until Taehyung's face grew red and he began shedding tears. 

Moreover, Taehyung looked so adorable during pregnancy that it was impossible to resist anything he said. 

"Should I go call aunt Haeun?" Chohee asked, looking at Hyeon who was fanning Taehyung, equally concerned. 

"No," Taehyung said before Hyeon could answer. "She'd call another set of people and come here who will then ask me the same questions like if I'm fine or not. I just want to be at peace right now." 

"B-but what if--" 

"I'm not g-giving birth yet, noona," Taehyung assured, hissing when the position he was in got uncomfortable again. He hugged his stomach, tilting to his left now. "I have just a very little information about pregnant omegas, but I know my body. I won't hide things like this from you." 

"But you look so pale and sick..." Hyeon muttered, one hand holding a fan while the other holding a cloth to wipe off Taehyung's sweat.

"That's because you didn't give me my apple yesterday." Though it was meant to be a joke, Hyeon took it quite seriously. He got on his feet before they could understand what was happening, mumbling that he will go right then and bring him that fruit. 

In an instant, he vanished. 

Taehyung chuckled at his cuteness. 

Silence fell, both then deep in thought about similar things. While Chohee was thinking about Taehyung, Taehyung was thinking about... 

"Do you think Mira would have given birth?" Taehyung's heart kept clenching. "She had gotten pregnant before me." 

"Are you sure she wasn't lying?" Chohee asked, sharp eyes looking at Taehyung. Taehyung pressed his lips together because Chohee had stopped respecting Mira, and he didn't complain. 

"She wasn't. She made me do this because she couldn't give birth, but she hasn't come here to ask me to give my child--not like I would give my child away, of course, but she just hasn't come. What if managed to give birth to a healthy baby?" 

"So what? It may not be Jungkook's. Who knows what that girl has done?" 

 Taehyung seemed confused. 

Chohee shook her head slowly and looked away. 

"We will protect you, Tae. Don't worry about something happening to you." 

"I would be lying if I said I'm not worried about what would happen to my child. Even if Mira doesn't come to me, I will go back with the child in my arms after I give birth because I cannot keep a child away from its father. But I'm more worried about something else."