•31•

•Chapter thirty one•

My fault.

"His highness said he won't be eating now," the servant nervously stated, peeking at the young queen who was staring blankly at her untouched food. "Please, go ahead and eat, my queen. It's not good to remain hungry--" 

"What was his reason this time?" Mira asked, eyes fixed on nothing in particular. 

"He said he has work." 

"Work..." Mira's hand--resting above her round belly--twitched. "Tell him I'm going to wait until he comes and joins me for breakfast." 

The rushed departure of the servant left her all alone. The only sound in the room was of her own shaky inhales and exhales. Is this how it was supposed to be? She thought, the answer clear in her mind. There was no reason to oppose the fact that this wasn't what she wanted. 

  The thing she wanted was love. 

Not this. 

She couldn't really put to words what she felt when Jungkook did the things that were a part of his normal self now. Was it anger? Frustration? Annoyance at his ignorance and the very little to no care towards her? 

Or was it just guilt? 

Thinking back to the events that took place the past months and before Taehyung left, she wondered the various times she might've done wrong to people around her. 

Keeping aside the harsh things she did to Jungkook by asking him to marry her forcefully or the first night events, there will still many things she did. 

She wasn't lying when she said that she couldn't give birth to a child.

It was all true. The chances of a healthy child being born were too less, and she didn't even care about this since the time she was told about it. 

What she wanted was to just give Jungkook reasons to love her and not anyone else. She saw her dad have so many affairs, stick to so many omegas and leave them even when he was married to her mother. 

It was pretty normal and easy for alpha's to change omegas. 

She thought Jungkook will love her. 

The reason she never hated Taehyung--actually, loved him so much--was because he resembled her own mother in a way because he is the first person Jungkook fell for. Just like her mom never did, Taehyung didn't hold feelings for Jungkook too. 

But she did. 

She did have feelings for Jungkook. Being too used to the ways of her kingdom, she didn't know where she was heading when she didn't refuse the proposal of the marriage even when Jungkook requested her to. 

According to her back then, Jungkook would understand that Taehyung doesn't love him and leave the male omega alone. 

Mira's mother did suffer a lot too, just because she was a queen and couldn't end her relationship with the king and had many responsibilities. Mira had seen her mother cry and cry whenever Daesong brought another omega home. 

It was unbearable, but Mira still wanted to be a queen because she knew that she wouldn't let Jungkook love anyone else and make him stay with her love. 

All of it went wrong. 

Though she did intend to hold Jungkook's child just for bringing him close, she failed to get pregnant with his pups. She made it all worse by going with another alpha to get pregnant after making sure that Taehyung had gone with Jungkook.