•41•

•Chapter forty one•

Just fall into this trap.

Jungkook sat on his throne, in his throne room, having lost all the dominance and strength he usually holds when sitting there. 

The reason he wasn't in his strong state was because of the people standing before him, one glaring while the other two just looked upset. 

He finally met Yoongi. 

He went to Yoongi's house, met them there, told him about everything that happened, and brought them back home when Yoongi wasn't ready to believe that Taehyung had actually left and said that they were playing with him. 

What hurt Jungkook was the fact that Yoongi had said, "You wouldn't do that to my brother. You wouldn't make him leave" when he found out the truth. 

Yoongi was just completely kept from everything that was happening here. 

The beta was not just confused but angry and heartbroken. He refused to even understand that Taehyung had left with his own will.

He stood there, not saying a single word, just glaring up at Jungkook. 

Jungkook had already told him everything he needed to. 

The imprinting bond, the sudden appearance of the king of Cyrus, and his promise of marrying Mira then about everything that Mira did to him. He didn't even hide how Youngmi had been a reason for Taehyung leaving the castle. 

He said it all. There was no use in hiding anything for longer. 

"Where is my brother living?" Yoongi asked, voice low and strained, upset that Taehyung had to suffer because he had left him all alone to his miseries and ran away. 

Youngmi and the ministers were the other people in the throne room. A few servants were peaking into the throne room to see what was wrong but would get back to their work quickly. 

Yoongi didn't look at anyone but Jungkook. 

He didn't want to be upset at the old woman who was the reason they even survived and didn't die of starvation. He didn't have a right to be mad because he hadn't ever given her anything in return for the sacrifices she did for them. 

But the fact remained that Taehyung and Yoongi never thought that Youngmi helped them just for the sake of doing it, as a sacrifice. They didn't know that she was just doing them a favor and didn't see them as their sons. 

Yoongi knew... he knew that he himself wasn't ever going to be seen as a "son" in Youngmi's eyes. If all this happened to him, he would still respect and understand the ex-queen. 

But Taehyung? Hadn't she practically seen the boy grow up and had stayed with him every moment of his life? How could she have not felt any connection for him? 

What was he even supposed to say? 

He hated that his brother left but would hate it more if Taehyung would've killed his self-respect to stay with these people. He wanted to ask Youngmi why she said such harsh things to his brother but didn't know whether he even had a right to question her. 

He wished to ask his past self: was it worth leaving his brother behind for love? Taehyung was his responsibility, the only one he had kept in his heart for years together. 

Then why did he leave that one person for being with others who entered his heart later on? 

He could just take Taehyung along. He was afraid of disturbing his mates and wanted to save them from the constant fights and also held a strong opinion that this castle was a safer place for Taehyung, so he left him behind.