•45•

Chapter forty five

I'm always here for you. 

Taehyung was really bored. 

He had spent the entire day in the room and hadn't even left to go have breakfast in the dining hall since he didn't want to take Chaewon out there without getting familiar with this place first. 

So he stayed there, on his bed, staring at the girl. 

No, he didn't hate seeing the girl sleep peacefully. Rather it was admirable. But for five hours? Not really entertaining. 

The last thing Taehyung wanted to do was leave the girl in her father's arms because he knew Jungkook was completely busy, and that's why the alpha didn't even come to see them again. 

Chohee came, but she left so quickly because she had to go back to the garden to water the plants. She told him that she would leave for the village soon to go to Hyeon, and Taehyung found that great news. 

Taehyung was left alone with his thoughts that he had been avoiding until now. 

Hyeon hid it from me. He was slightly hurt. Did he not trust me enough to not judge him for doing this? Or did he just not want to tell me?  

I'm not even mad at him for any of this. It pierces me that his poor girl is blind. I didn't want such a thing to happen to my enemy, but my close friend's daughter is blind. 

How can this have happened? How would he be doing? He did so much for me; I'm not even near him when he needs me. He's suffering all the grief alone. 

"Wonie," Taehyung whispered, pressing a peck on the sleeping child's forehead. "What should I do? I want to go to Hyeon, but how can I leave? What will Jungkook think if he sees that I just came, but I'm going back there for Hyeon? I know he isn't someone who can think anything wrong about me, but it's only natural..." 

Chaewon slept peacefully. Taehyung's pout just grew.  

"I'll get bored if you just sleep and wake up to fill your stomach. Come on, do something to entertain me." 

God, I'm really getting out of my mind because of how boring things are. Taehyung rolls his eyes but flinches when he hears a sudden knock. 

He wasn't expecting anyone to be there, so he assumed that it was his mate. 

His face brightened, and he peeled himself off the bed and skipped to the door, swinging it open happily. 

He froze when he saw who it was. 

"Taehyung," Youngmi muttered, glancing at Taehyung's soft features that were slowly hardening. She bit her lip. "I thought you were busy, so I didn't come until now." 

You didn't need to come. 

I didn't want to see you. 

Meeting with only silence from the male omega, Youngmi shifted on her feet. "I came to talk to you, Taehyung. All I want to do now is talk to you, and you need to listen to me." 

"Why, Your Highness?" Taehyung asked, managing to keep his voice respectable. "Why should I listen to you when you threw me out because your son was suffering?" 

Youngmi winced. Taehyung put it in such a way that it hurt to even listen to her own actions. 

She had learned her fault and had already regretted everything so much that she just wished to hug Taehyung. 

She did care for him. 

She never really wished he would turn so cold and distant from her. 

She prioritized her son because it was a duty of a queen to think of their heir and their blood before anyone else. Taehyung did matter--of course he did matter a lot--but she just had to do what she did.