•26•

Chapter twenty six• 

There will be changes. 

Youngmi glanced around the as soon as she entered the room. She felt her fingers twitch anxiously when she didn't find Taehyung around.

She just couldn't understand what had happened to Taehyung the past day and why it happened. 

Staying alone for a while after Taehyung had left her room, she concluded that she is at fault. She didn't know what to do now. 

"Didn't Taehyung come?" She asks a maid standing nearby. "He m-must be in his room. Please, go to him and ask him to accompany us to breakfast."

The maid looked up with shaking pupils, creased forehead as she frowned. Not wanting to say something that might turn out to be false news, she looked at the other servants who also shook their head, confirming that Taehyung wasn't there. 

"Why won't you go?" Youngmi asks, pointing to the door while looking at the maid with firm gaze. "Go, call the child." 

The slave gulped, letting out a shaky exhale. 

"Taehyung? Your highness, he's not in his room..."

"What?" Youngmi panicked. Jungkook looked up when he heard the words before going back to eating food with a scoff which didn't go unheard by anyone there.

People who didn't know better thought he was just annoyed by Taehyung's bratty behavior, but his wife and the ex-queen know who exactly he was annoyed at. 

After all, he was annoyed at them. They needed to know that. 

With alert mind, Youngmi was ready to shoot up to her feet and start running around to search for the dear male omega. 

She had already been wallowing in guilt and pity and felt even more distressed now. "Where could he be? You wouldn't have checked properly. Go search for h--"

"Your highness," the girl called out instantly before they could freak out any more, "he's not in the palace. We saw him leave the palace last evening and he hasn't returned. All even the gate guards know is that he wanted to leave, nothing more than that."

Youngmi gasped, fisting her hand and shooting to her feet. "Do you have any idea about what you're saying?! This can't be possible!" 

She snapped her head at Jungkook, grabbing his palms. "Jungkook, look at what she is saying! This cannot be possible, right? I have argued with Taehyung many times and he never left like this. This isn't true!" 

Her son didn't even look at her, treating it as a luxury for her to be comforted by his ever soft and sweet eyes. 

He brought his hand out of her hold and placed both of them on the table, staring ahead without actually looking at anything in particular. 

She lost her mind. 

"Where is my child?! Get back my child to me! Go-- just go and search for him everywhere and bring him back right now!" 

Jungkook growled at the back of his throat, keeping his head low to not show his dangerous eyes to his mom and the ministers. 

Mira got to action and strode to Taehyung's room with a panicked face which made Jungkook clench his hand into a fist. 

So you were trying to use him for your benefit, right? he thinks, finally feeling a bit better that Taehyung left. He was so stressed out since the past evening, since his omega left. 

He knew nothing about how Taehyung was doing or what state he is in. It was pure torture. 

He sent Chohee, the girl who Taehyung used to stick to and trusted the most out of all the rest of the servants, to Taehyung right after he left past evening. She had rushed to take all her things and left that instant with a worried face, ready to stay with Taehyung until he comes back.