•5•

•Chapter five•

Why does it look like I matter a lot to you? 

"Where are you going, Taehyung?" Taehyung eyes snapped around when he heard Youngmi's voice. His eyes instantly landed on a bigger, bulkier form beside the queen.

Jungkook's gaze was soft and almost hesitant. He looked away when Taehyung's eyes met his and it made Taehyung awkward too.

Why? Why is there always a need for him to look away when I'm looking at him? He doesn't ever run behind me like a creepy stalker, but after I heard of this rumour, I realise that he does get affected a lot by me.

"Jungkook should marry someone he loves," Yoongi said with a smile as he felt a lot of adoration over the soft alpha. "I wonder what his tiny babies will look like when he himself looks so good."

"I'll not marry," Jungkook whispered, eyebrows bunched together. His voice held something more than just the childish feelings of not wanting to marry or being too shy to admit that he wanted a life partner.

Right then, Taehyung saw the playful glint in Hoseok's eyes as he smirked and glanced at Jungkook before looking at him.

They know something. There was something that was related to him, but he didn't know.

And, well, Taehyung could read faces quite well. He wasn't ever a person in denial.

If it's there, it's there.

"What do you desire to own, kook?" Taehyung's ears perked up when he heard the crown princes' name.

"Own?" Taehyung could hear his knowing yet gleefulness. "Not all want to own. Desire is just... Just something that will turn into carelessness towards the thing after they own it. But my heart has learnt to silently want and need for a thing more than just a thing. What I own is not in my possession, and what I need is a gem too far from me."

"I don't get what you mean." Chuckles from the prince followed.

However, Taehyung understood what those words meant.

Jungkook desired for a thing more than a thing, which means he desires for a person. This gem he is speaking about, who is far from his hold, could be anyone. It doesn't necessarily need to be Taehyung.

That's why he decided to do what he's going to do.

Taehyung decided to speak to Jungkook about a month later of hearing rumors of his feelings for him. 

He has had enough of his endless thoughts which troubled him all night. He has had enough of wondering whether Jungkook has feelings for him or not. 

He knew it was like a beautiful distraction from Yoongi Hoseok and Jimin. It was beautiful because Jungkook was beautiful and his thoughts were also beautiful.

But this was about the dignity of the alpha.

These rumours and these feelings were like a black mark of shame to his prideful character and personality. People thought of him like a perverted person who has been holding feelings for a lowlife omega.