•33•

•Chapter thirty three

Not the child. 

"Your temperature is high," Jungkook stated, his actual worry all hidden--so well that it couldn't ever be made out--and only his bland voice heard to the girl who had his hands around her waist. 

After about nine months of living away from Taehyung, Jungkook had managed to hide his emotions and behave in an opposite way of what he was. 

He did everything he had to. 

He killed Daesong, took care of his lover's brothers, threw out all the ministers who could stab him on his back, showed everyone that they needed to respect Taehyung, and displayed his protectiveness over Taehyung by imprisoning those who said wrong things about them. 

By now, they all had a clue that he had some sort of connection with Taehyung. When his love is revealed, it wouldn't come out as a huge surprise to them which meant that their reaction wouldn't be too drastic. 

They all know now that Jungkook might take things against him but not against Taehyung. 

He made himself stronger and strengthened himself to get rid of all the problems he had. 

Even when Taehyung didn't see him as anything, Jungkook was so used to seeing the boy every day that it was torture to wake up without the excitement to see Taehyung. He struggled without the boy. 

But now the thing that mattered wasn't how much he suffered; it was about making everything turn out the way Taehyung and he wanted it to. 

He had no idea about what he needed to do though. 

He was clueless about what his next steps should be. 

Mira was going to give birth any time that month. Maybe the moment they are presently living or the next day or the next week... but what was he supposed to do? 

Mira had been very loyal to him. In the past months, she had been with him even when he pushed her away and treated her like she was nothing to him. She hadn't ever made an affair even when she was allowed to as he wasn't loyal to her, and he had concluded that she wasn't planning to leave after the child's birth too. 

The only hope he had was that she didn't come to him for any reason after he killed Daesong. 

Even when he wordlessly--uninvited--came into her room that night and lay beside her, she didn't react as happily as she would a few months ago. 

She was barely able to keep her eyes open. Her head was on Jungkook's forearm while Jungkook held her huge tummy like he always did when he was asked to come here. 

She probably accepted the fact that I come here for the child and not her, Jungkook thought. My child... it isn't even mine.   

He knew it wasn't his since long ago. It enraged him that she lied to him, but he didn't want to make her face the consequences of her actions before understanding what exactly was going on. 

What if Mira herself doesn't know that the child isn't his? What if... it was about some matter related to the abuse Daesong did to her. 

What if just like the way he had thrown her to him, he had made her do things with others forcefully? Thinking about this broke his heart, but it was quite possible. 

If it wasn't that, then it was the stupidity and immaturity of Mira that was the reason for all these things. She was still too young, just a child, and had just come out of a dark room before she put more chains around herself by making herself pregnant.