•47•

Chapter forty seven

Give another chance. 

"Are you sure of giving me this room, Tae?" Hyeon asks, nervously shifting his eyes around the room. "I swear I can live in the servants' quarters too." 

"I'm not letting you live there," Taehyung deadpanned like he was saying something very ridiculous. He pushed the couch away from the bed and placed the huge cloth bags there before coming back to stand before Hyeon. 

"I hate doing all these unpacking things so you do it by yourself and arrange things in the room the way you want to." 

Hyeon would argue. He would tell Taehyung to not give him such a huge room even though the palace had hundreds of similar rooms, but he literally couldn't open his mouth because a beta was standing at the door looking like the harshest man because of his judging, sharp eyes while he also looked so soft because he was holding Taehyung's daughter. 

Yoongi didn't say anything. 

He just stood still at the door and watched carefully. 

He wasn't used to being friendly. He wasn't used to meeting Taehyung's friends. 

But he was just making Hyeon stressed, and Taehyung was oblivious to the effect his brother was having on Hyeon. 

The previous night, he had gone to Yoongi's room and had talked to him for hours. When he had gone there, Jimin and Hoseok had instantly left, thank the universe because otherwise, things would be too uncomfortable. 

Until now, he hadn't spent an entire night with Jungkook yet. Jungkook would stay until he would fall asleep but he was never there when Taehyung opened his eyes again. 

It was clearly because there was a rule that they couldn't sleep together unless they were married, and though they had broken so many rules, it would be fun to follow this one. 

It makes him want to marry Jungkook more, knowing there are things they couldn't do before it. 

He spent the night yesterday with Yoongi carelessly because he had to sleep alone with Chaewon anyway. But Yoongi was holding her since yesterday night, not letting her go away. 

He was so attached to her not just because she was his favorite brother's daughter but also because she was the spitting image of baby Taehyung. If you ignored how she was calmer than Taehyung, she was exactly like Taehyung. 

"Jungkook is busy right now. He wished to come to meet you, but I know he wouldn't speak more than a few words even if he does come. Chohee noona is here, and I'm always jobless so you can come to me anytime, yeah? Remember, Siwoo has a relation to me too. Don't you dare hide things about her from me." 

Hyeon just sighed, nodding. It was so awkward here that he didn't know how long it would take to get used to the place. 

"Hyung, give her to him. He's never held Chaewon-ie before. Let's see if she recognizes him." 

"She's sleeping, you idiot," Yoongi said, knowing she wasn't really asleep yet. He didn't want her to go away from him. "She can't give a reaction when she's sleeping--" 

Chaewon made a whining sound, and Yoongi grumbled under his breath. "Take," he said, handing her to Taehyung and leaving while complaining about everything, making his fond brother laugh at him. 

"He's ten years elder," Taehyung laughed, taking Chaewon to Hyeon who only concentrated on the girl, heart-melting after seeing her ember eyes. He had himself seen those sharp yellow eyes on Taehyung very few times, but she had the same blazing eyes all the time.