•38•

•Chapter thirty eight•

Do you hear that too? 

Taehyung felt uneasy.

It didn't feel like the normal sadness he felt when he recollected how Jungkook couldn't see him in his pregnant state or experience being with him.

It wasn't because he missed anything of his previous ways of living or his family either.

It was something odd, different, and he didn't know whether the cause of it was the sudden catching of his stomach muscles or whether this stress was causing these physical reactions.

He didn't like it.

It was clear from his facial expressions that he was feeling well.

He wasn't being very verbal about his problems anymore, rather just taking deep breaths and gasping every time his muscles tightened.

Is it happening? Taehyung wondered, now holding his breath when another small wave of what seemed like discomfort hit him and the muscles showed the same process of tightening and relaxing. It can't be, right?

All of a sudden this...

There can be no other reason for this kind of reaction from my body. It doesn't seem like normal pain too. This feels different, stronger.

We don't even have any medical help here.

If it's true, if it is really happening, how will I handle it?

It will hurt so much.

And just imagining the pain made him whimper, catching the attention of the other two people who were already watching him like a hawk, noticing every moment of his.

Taehyung gasped when he felt a strong kick, holding his tummy instantly, looking down. "Pup, don't d-do that. It hurts... Don't do that."

Him speaking to the baby didn't do any work in calming the child down. Rather, the intensity of the kicks worsened with the passing seconds, growing stronger than before.

"Fuck!" Taehyung cried. This instantly made Hyeon react by coming closer and holding him, hugging him. "Hyeon, it doesn't feel good! I f-feel so weird!"

"What's wrong?" Hyeon asked nervously, frowning at how he could practically feel the harsh movements on his hands resting near his waist. Taehyung let out a small cry and arched his back, one hand shooting to the ground to steady his body while the other clutched on his shirt near his stomach.

In a short while, the pain went away slightly and the omega took deep breaths, his heart beating so hard and rough.

Taehyung leaned on the alpha beside him, pushing away both his friends' hands from his stomach with a whine of pain.

It didn't feel good to be touched by them.

"What's happening?" Chohee asked, trying her best to stay calm. "Tae, stop being quiet, and tell us what's going on? Does anything hurt? D-do you think it's happening?"

"I don't know... " The male omega sniffled. "It hurt a lot a while ago. It's fine now. I don't know whether it will happen anytime soon."

"Should we ask for help from the villagers? They said they don't know about any sophisticated ways of giving birth because they all did it by themselves in their huts without asking others for help. They're ready to help us in case we need their help, though."

"I don't need anyone here, noona. None of them can do anything. I-I want to go back home."

However much he thought that this hut and this place was his new home, he continued missing the place he left behind. It was partially because of the luxuries he had there but mainly because his lover was there.