•23•

Chapter twenty three•

Do you think you're the only one who can threaten people?

The lady doctor who had come to check on Taehyung after being ordered by Jungkook had lied to everyone and told them that Taehyung was sick due to eating something wrong. 

The queen had ordered her to do so.

Just from these little precise movements of Mira, Taehyung knew that she wasn't ever going to make a mistake and let people know about this.

It was understandable. This would instantly dub Mira as a cheater or a dishonest wife who was planning and plotting against her husband's back.

Taehyung had no energy to go spit his anger at her. 

He had stayed on bed rest whole day, knowing that Jungkook had come by and wandered outside the room quite a few times.

The only people who came to see him properly were Youngmi and Mira. While Youngmi had made him feel better, Mira took away all his calmness by hugging his waist and kissing his abdomen.

It disgusted him. He wanted nothing more than to hold her hair and rip every single strand out of her head. 

He had a lot of time to spend in complete silence, and his mind drifted to places where he couldn't receive happiness.

He got a response from Yoongi and smiled because he knew his hyung was overjoyed every time he wrote something for him. Yoongi told him that they were alright and were completely fine and that he should take care of himself. 

it made him wonder what Yoongi will feel if he finds out that he is pregnant. 

However, he found himself pondering about the many times he had refused to help people, the many times he had given his own feelings more importance.

There was a voice that kept asking him why he was even tolerating all of what Mira was doing.

He understood his place. He was truly nothing but a helpless son of a dead servant who had no power. 

The child in his womb will be born one day, and when it is born, Taehyung will lose all life that he has because he had already gotten too close to the pup that he cannot imagine what it is like to give it away to someone who's only looking for her own joy.

He didn't know what to do. His mind could come up with nothing to save him. 

He felt like him giving his child will surely happen. 

Mira couldn't ever take care of his pup, and Jungkook will never know it's Taehyung's child.

Again...

Taehyung sniffed the air and closed his eyes, sighing in comfort as he lavishly blamed his pregnancy for enjoying the sweetness of the scent.

Jungkook.

Taehyung couldn't help but wonder how vast and wide Jungkook's love for him is. Even after being ignored, he comes back always, just to see if he's alright or just because he cannot control his heart which basically beats for Taehyung.

Was he supposed to even feel at peace after he had spoilt the life of the king and his own child?

He hated these harsh moments of reality.

He was mildly surprised, more shocked, when after a few quiet seconds, there was a knock at the door. He didn't know whether he should say yes or no to the person outside, afraid that it might be Jungkook, but decided to just hum softly.