•37•

•Chapter thirty seven•

What am I going to do? 

There was this feeling everyone felt when they were sad, the feeling that things will get better. They could assure themselves that the time wasn't good now, but it wouldn't remain like that forever; this helps them gain the power to overcome their problems, 

But what if they lose hope of things being okay again? 

They went through the worst of the darkness, getting lost in the extreme darkness before daylight and not being able to see the sunrise. 

There remained no such thing as 'It will be alright. Just have patience'. 

Mira didn't have hope too. 

She had thought that her worst situation would be if her darling died, but what happened was just something that shattered her heart. It surely wasn't better than not having her daughter with her, but it wasn't good either. 

She kept crying. 

For hours and hours. 

She was already so tired, but she just couldn't stop crying. As the night grew darker, the single lamp that was lighting up the cave became unable to light up the entire place. 

But Mira could see the shining eyes of her baby, those eyes that shone on their own but held no power to see anything. 

She did so many things to try to prove it wrong but to no avail. 

The girl's eyes reacted to nothing. She neither looked at any moving object, at the eyes of the person before her nor at the burning flame of the lamp. 

she couldn't see any of it. 

The doctor assured her that there were chances of things not being the way they think it is, but she herself didn't quite seem sure at those words. It was just lies to calm Mira down, but none of that worked. 

She was so weak that because of her stupidity, her inability, her child had to suffer. 

Her childish act of wishing to be pregnant and then taking away Taehyung's child after the death of her own ended up with her holding her precious child who couldn't see the world because of her. 

All because of her. 

If she had not been stubborn about having a baby, this innocent being wouldn't have to be born like this. 

Mira wouldn't want to live like that. She couldn't imagine her life without having seen the beautiful birds, trees, animals, and the faces of people. Though she had seen the worst of images like her father hitting people and killing them, she still wouldn't wish to not have the power to see. 

Her child... 

How will she live? What will happen to her if she cannot see? 

Her daughter wouldn't be able to read, write, see her parents, and most of all...

They'll look down on her. No one other than the people of Atlas would accept the baby, and the fact that it wasn't even the king's but just some commoner made things worse for the future of the child. 

Suddenly, things were not about Mira but the child now. 

She didn't care about what happened to her but wanted her child happy. Her father cursed at her for just being an omega, how much would people look down on her daughter for not being a normal one? 

However harsh it was, however, she wished to change things and make people realize that her child was as perfect as she was, she will still be the receiving end of either harshness for not being normal or pity for the same reason.