•52•

•Chapter fifty two

Then what is the reason you're here? 

"I'll get your room ready. You can sit on the couch until then," Taehyung said, studying Jin who was standing before him. 

He didn't understand what was happening either. Jin had clearly gone back to his kingdom--Taehyung had received the news that he did--but he was back here now. He had messy hair and wasn't looking at him in the eyes anymore. 

Taehyung knew Jin was here for something specific, not because he decided to accept Taehyung's invitation to sleep there. 

"Namjoon hyung had fallen asleep, but he is awake now," Taehyung said, noticing the slightest little twitch in Jin's shoulder. "I was with him until now. Everyone is asleep because it's late, but my daughter had woken up the both of us by crying." 

Yoongi had been there with them too, Taehyung couldn't forget. 

Yoongi had turned into a complete baby after seeing his brother. Taehyung had seen him getting shy and embarrassed because of his mates, but he had never seen Yoongi cling to someone and whine to them about various things before. 

Namjoon didn't seem fazed by Yoongi's behavior though. It was clear that Yoongi always behaved like that when he was with Namjoon. 

Something about that just makes Taehyung so fond of Yoongi because Yoongi had taken the responsibility of being all so strong for him to be a good elder brother, but he was so soft and sweet towards Namjoon, letting him be babies. 

While Namjoon just called Taehyung by his name most of the time, he stuck to using nicknames like "baby" and "Yoonie" when speaking to Yoongi, being only used to speaking to him like that. 

It was adorable. 

"I haven't come here for him..." Jin's voice pulled Taehyung out of his thoughts.  

He's good at lying. Taehyung was genuinely impressed by how Jin managed to hold himself together even when he looked so messed up. 

If I didn't know him better, I would completely believe that he wasn't here for my brother. 

"Then what are you here for, King Jin? You had already turned down my offer for--"

"I came because I wanted to maintain a good relationship with the Atlas Kingdom." 

Taehyung looked at him for a second before just shrugging, knowing it was not worth fighting with someone so late at night when he could rather be sleeping. 

"I'll take you to Namjoon's room." 

Taehyung turned around and started walking, rolling his eyes when Jin just followed him wordlessly. Not here for my hyung, you say... 

Chaewon kept whining and grabbing onto his collar, pulling it down while her other hand kept hitting his chest. Taehyung paid absolutely no attention to her, knowing she would fall asleep eventually. This was one of the reasons she loves Jungkook so much because he just gives her undivided attention at every moment. 

"Go in," Taehyung ordered, not caring about the sharp look that Jin passed him. "He's in there. I'm not going to sleep here now. I'll go to my own room." 

"You don't have to--" 

"You don't have to do what you're doing now either," Taehyung said. "I'm already salty that you disrespected me by turning down my invitation just for coming back here, but I'll get much angrier if you disrupt my sleep by having useless talks now."