•9•

•Chapter nine•

I hate this.

"You won't be able to attend the royal diner today evening." 

"You aren't supposed to walk into the princes' room until they specifically ask for you to show up and have permitted it." 

"Don't hold hands with them. It's wrong. People will hate you more than they already do if you do things like this." 

"Don't think you are a royal now. You're still a low-life beta." 

Only three weeks had passed since Yoongi got married and the situation was already so bad. 

He was still managing through with fake smiles, a facade of understanding and with lifeless eyes. 

Taehyung's state was miserable too, but the reason for this wasn't Hoseok and Jimin stealing away Yoongi from him but because the kingdom people were stealing Yoongi away from himself, his soul, his happiness.

Away from himself...

Yoongi looked so dead, so stripped of joy that it made him want to yell at the entire kingdom that he would dare to kill them with his sword--with the little knowledge of fighting that he has--if they didn't stop annoying his hyung.

It was much worse than the lonely time he spent for three years. It was harder, more painful because he couldn't see his hyung hurt. 

He claimed to be selfish but was so much more selfless when it came to his family. Yoongi was his family, and as much as he respected and loved Youngmi, he knew she could never be family.

 She saw him as a sacrifice which made her fame more, she dubbed him like that, and even though she has showered him with love, he doesn't know if its just to show that she cares for a sacrifice or for another reason. 

She was still mistreating his brother when all three of them were at fault, or better, at no fault at all. 

She was a coward who couldn't fight against her people. If she truly did care for Yoongi, she would take his pain away.  

Upon all these problems, he had another huge problem coming up. His heat. 

Damn it.

He was out to get fresh air but no amount of the sweet smell of flowers soothed him. even if he took a huge breath in, his chest continued to remain constricted in anxiousness. 

No smell, sight or words were calming his heart. He wanted to go to Yoongi and be with him to comfort him but was afraid to make him more distressed by showing him his own real feelings of nervousness and fear. 

He walked closer to Jungkook's area to try and speak to him because all he needed was to hear the man's voice to feel at ease again.

Jungkook's sweet, melodious voice. God, he had to admit that he missed it.

He was expecting to be met with complete silence or sweet singing of the male, but what he came across made him concerned and confused.

Jungkook had the most worried expression on his face as he paced around on the ground, book somewhere on the ground, abandoned.

Jungkook was usually stuck to his book--being the studious boy he is--and it would make sense for him to be this worried after reading something ill or sad.

But that didn't seem like the case.

Not able to hold back his curiosity, he walked up to the oblivious elder and stood in a place where he would be visible. Jungkook didn't see him though, and it confirmed to the omega that something  against Jungkook's wishes had happened.