•42•

Chapter forty two

You can do nothing more now. 

"When Jungkook will hold your child, he'll see you in your child always, and it would add on to the million reasons he will love his child as a father."

Mira had herself said these words to Taehyung when he was giving birth to encourage him into giving birth which was impossible for him back then. 

She didn't know her own words could mean so much more than what she intended them to. 

Jungkook practically did see Taehyung just by looking at the child because of those bright yellow eyes that stared right at him. 

No one else had those eyes. She had heard from people that those eyes didn't mean having any extra powers but it was something inherited. 

And to her bad luck, the child wasn't born normally like Yoongi--with dark brown eyes--but born with the eyes her mother had. 

Was there any chance left? There couldn't be at all. Jungkook's fuming self gave it off that he knew exactly what had been hidden until now. 

Her entire body shook in fear as she clasped her knees and hands together. She had slowly been making her way through everything, but she messed it up completely now. 

She could not even beg for mercy for now. 

"Do you want me to repeat my question?" Jungkook asked, face void of any human emotion but looking immensely angry, close to just staining his hands with her blood. 

He didn't even look like he was a person anymore. With those blood red and maniac-like eyes that were making everyone nervous, it was only the child who didn't seem to be affected one bit. 

There was only silence. 

A buzzing, irritating, death-like silence. 

"I don't think you can hear me, Mira," Jungkook said, raising the child as softly as he can and making her lay on his chest. He turned towards the child's neck and took a deep whiff, an audible one. 

"Hmm..." Jungkook scoffed. He sniffed the child once more, realizing that she was stripped of her scent. "It does seem like you did a lot to hide it. Am I right, Mira?" 

She was red in a turmoil of scary emotions, shaking. 

She looked so pitifully, so scared that Jungkook would have just forgotten everything and just stop torturing her if he was in his normal state of mind. 

Which he wasn't, at the moment. 

Rather, he was quite the opposite of it. He was practically gulping down his growls and holding back rumbles, struggling to keep his arms to himself. 

He didn't have a heart anymore. He lacked the thing that made him the angel he was. 

All he wanted now was... 

He wanted to rip her head out of her neck. He wanted to do just what the founder of the kingdom did to people who abused her to this woman who thought she could just do whatever she wanted to. 

He was back to his calmness after his fear faded, but this calmness meant nothing good to anyone. 

"What's happening--" 

"I did not allow anyone to speak," Jungkook growled at his mother who was taken aback by his rudeness. "The only one who will speak is this woman." 

"D-Do you have to do this?" Mira whimpered pathetically, head ducking in pure anxiety. She had never been more afraid of the future than she was now.