5. A Game of Fate💕

Anirudh scolds Mama for leaving Bondita to die

Anirudh scolds Mama for leaving Bondita to die. Mama says, "Mai use bacha skata tha, par woh kiske liye jeeti?"  Anirudh says," Woh apne liye jeeti, uska bhi astitva hai." Mama argues back saying," Par use bhi toh koi chahiye na samman se jeene ke liye." Anirudh asks," Kya ek Admi ko zarurat hoti hai mahila ki jeene ke liye, toh fir ek aurat ko kyu zaruri hai ek aadmi jeene ke liye?" Mama asks," Aap mujhe kyu puch rahe hai, isi ladki se puchiye, kya jeena chahegi ye vidhwa ka jeevan, andhkaar se bhara jeevan jeena chahegi?" Anirudh asks," Kyaa aap hai bhagwan? Ya yaha par khada koi bhi bhagwaan hai? Toh aap kese keh sakte hai ki iske jeevan mai andhkaar hoga, ho sakta hai yeh kisi aur ke jeevan mai roshni bankar andhkaar mitaye."  Mama says," Aap yeh rasm toh rukwa sakte hai, par kya samaaj dega ise samman, chain se jeene nhi denge ise."

Anirudh says," Agar koi iske saath nhi hai, toh mai iska saath dunga. Mai ise itna kabil banaunga ki yeh khud aakar aapse apne adhikaar maangegi." Mama says furiously," Kaha le jaoge aap ise, samaaaj toh har jagah hoga, kis kis se bachaoge ise? Iski chaya bankar reh payenge?". Anirudh says, his voice loud and clear," Chaya toh keval roshni mai saath deti hai, magar mai Anirudh Roy Choudhury, iska andhkaar mai bhi saath dunga." One of them steps forward and says," Chaya toh apni hoti hai. Aap kya lagte hai iske, baba hai iske? Ya bhai? Nhi na? Fir kis rishte se lekar jaayenge ise?"

The men say bring the girl for Sati rituals. The people throw water on the fire. The men go to pick Bondita. Anirudh worries. Anirudh pushes one of the man who was about to touch Bondita, he says furiously," Rishta chahiye na, mai karunga isse vivaah". He picks up Sindoor and fills it in her hairline. He says," Ab aaiye, mai dekhta hu kon meri patni ko haath lagata hai." Everybody steps back.

On the other side, Saudamini and others wait for Anirudh. Dida comes and keeps her hand on her shoulder. Saudimini says Anirudh will come to get engaged. Dadi asks what will be your reply. Mini says no, I will tease him and then say yes. Dadi says don’t do this mistake, he will turn away if you tease him, you may lose his love. Mini asks how can you say this, I will marry Anirudh and take him to London. She waits for him. She says where are you, don’t make me wait.

Bondita is still unconscious. She is taken to the mandap.Pandit asks Anirudh to make bride wear garlands. Mama asks did he change his mind. Anirudh makes her wear garlands. He looks at her. Mami does the kanyadaan and ties gathbandhan. He fills sindoor in Bondita’s maang and some of it falls on her nose. Pandit says you are husband and wife now. Bondita slowly wakes up and gasps seeing her marriage almost completed. She keeps mum. They take the rounds and complete other rituals. She bends to see who her husband is. She gets a shock on knowing that he is The Anirudh Roy Choudhury. She goes to her mami and demands for explanation.

Her mami takes her to another room and slaps her hard. Bondita falls down on the floor. Mami tells everything to her clutching her wrists tightly. Bondita tries to free herself and started to cry histerically on her fate. Bondita's mami brings a big wooden log and hits her a lot. Bondita shudders in pain but doesnot object. She considers this as a punishment for ruining Anirudh's life. She is taken back. They are made to sit in the car. Anirudh doesnot even spare a glance and sits in the front seat with the driver. Bondita meekly sits in the back and falls asleep.

They reach home. Driver says we reached home. Anirudh storms inside leaving Bondita. Servant runs to him and says you got too late, everyone is waiting for you. He gets shocked seeing the girl. He asks driver about the bride. Driver tells everything. Servant says this news will bring a storm in the house. He runs.

On the other hand Saudamini gets elated on seeing Anirudh. They call him inside. They all hear the chiming of somebody's anklets and a girl nearly of 20 years steps inside decked up as a bride. Her maang was filled and hands had shakapola. She had her head hung low. Binoy goes to slap Anirudh. Trilochan stops him. Trilochan scolds Anirudh for insulting them and ruining their respect. He says," Tum esa kese kar sakte ho? kese kisise bhi shadi kar sakte ho? kya dharm hai iska? Kya jati hai? Kis darje ki hai? Kuch bhi jaante ho iske baare mai tum?" Bondita shifts in her position due to nervousness. Saudamini leaves the house in anger along with her family. Shubra comes and slaps Anirudh, she says," Tum kese kar sakte ho iss ladki se vivaah, tumhari sagai thi na aaj Saudamini se. Agar tumhe koi aur pasand tha toh bata sakte the hume." No matter what Shubra cannot see injustice with anyone.

Bondita steps back listening about Saudamini and leaves from the house. I don't have any place in this house. It's Saudamini's house. I don't belong here. This is not mine. I am thankful of Anirudh Babu for saving my life. But I don't want to be a burden on anyone. She thinks while walking on the lonely road.

Anirudh thinks of Saudamini. Binoy says you can’t make anyone our Bahu, did you hear me. Anirudh goes. Binoy shouts. Somnath says maybe he went to meet Saudamini. Binoy says yes, he will realize how Roy’s bahu should be, he will throw this girl out, he will know about his future, good valued and pretty Saudamini or that poor girl, I m sure he will accept Saudamini and make everything fine. Anirudh comes back and tells them everything how his marriage took place and goes upstairs. He recalls Saudamini. He didn't loved Saudamini, but considered her as a best friend. He felt himself guilty breaking Saudamini's heart.

They are finally married!!🙈❤️ They were Destined, weren't they?

But wait, Where is Bondita? She left?

Do comment and vote!!!! Thankuu for your support! It means a lot!! Your comments actually encourage me to write sooner and post soonest!💕