Chapter Six: Mine

I jumped off of Charlie's back when I saw Harry and the family. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were always amused with how I got along with their children but I was scolded by the twins for being alone with Charlie. Charlie was also scolded by Bill and Percy for being alone with me.

          "Oi! She's alright though isn't she? It's not like I hurt her," Charlie joked.

          I laughed with everyone and hugged Harry. Harry looked like something was bothering him and I knew he felt I was bothered by something too.

          "Nightmares?" he asked me.

          I nodded.

          "Me too," he said.

          I squeezed his hand. I went outside to let Hedwig out of his cage and fly. Fred surprised me from behind.

          "Mei," he said in my ear, "you're mine. I'll visit you on the couch tonight."

          Without turning around, he already went back in. I took some deep breaths before going back inside to stop blushing. I turned around and collided with Charlie. I fell backwards down the stairs and he fell on top. His hand went to protect the back of my head and the other hand held my back. Both my hands were on his chest. I pushed him up and our lips separated.

          "Charlie," I said out of breath and blushing.

          "Mei," he greeted, also blushing.

          "Falling for me, are you?" I teased, pushing him up.

          He laughed and pulled me up, picking some leaves out of my hair.

          "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I just wanted to look at your owls," he explained.

           I smirked and whistled for Midnight. Charlie was impressed with my whistle and the twins came out as Midnight landed on my head.

          "Mei! Time to come in for dinner!" they called.

          I left Midnight on Charlie's head as he examined Hedwig. When I went inside, the twins, Harry, Ron, Ginny, and I were left to talk amongst ourselves over dinner while the 'adults' had a conversation of their own outside. When they came back in, we were asked if we had formal attire. They said there was going to be an event at Hogwarts. Everyone said no except for me, I had to check my suitcase.

          I winked at Ron, "Want to help me again?"

          He blushed as everyone didn't know what I meant.

           Ron had some hand-me-down robes that he disliked and I teased him, "If you're nice to me, I'll help you get new ones."

          He huffed and nodded. When it was time for bed, I made my way to the couch and Fred was already there, in his boxers. I sat on his lap like I had before and kissed him.

          "You're mine," he reminded me.

          I nodded, "Does that make you mine?" I asked.

          He kissed my neck and I mewed, "If you want me to be yours."

          I laughed softly and felt his hands on my back. Why didn't he say yes?

          "Fred?" I asked.

          "Hmm?" he hummed while kissing my cheek.

          I sighed, "Nothing, love. I just love being with you."

          I smiled softly and kissed him. After getting breathless, I put my back against his chest and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

          "Will you stay by my side, Fred?" I asked softly.

          I felt him pull me into him, "Of course, love."

          We both drifted off to sleep despite my heart aching that he probably didn't understand what I meant.