Chapter Twenty: Dragons

I had a horrible interview with that Rita woman. She was going on and on about which was the better twin and had the viewers vote on which of us would be better looking, better chance at winning, etc. and even assumed I would be competing against a lover, (Cedric). Thankfully, I went second so she had to move on to Cedric, Fleur, and Viktor. Fleur confronted me and she knew immediately that Harry and I wanted no part in this tournament. She is very sweet, she even told me that I reminded her of her younger sister Gabrielle.

          Ron and Harry were still not talking and it put a strain on Hermione's relationship between the three of them. I was spending more time with Draco outside of my time with George in the common room. Fred and I haven't spoken since I screamed at him. I had too much guilt and often avoided him.

          "If this is your first fight, do you know how to make up?" George asked me one night in the common room.

          I didn't say anything. I didn't want his help either. George and I often slept together on one of the couches. I would be on him and his scent was becoming a favorite of mine.

          One day, Harry got a message that Hagrid needed us and we went to see him under Harry's invisibility cloak. While Hagrid was courting the headmistress of Beauxbatons, Olympe Maxime, we were greeted with the growl of great beasts. The headmistress was in love with the creatures and was thoroughly distracted. I left the cloak while Harry and Hagrid talked about the situation. I left because I saw a beautiful head of red hair. I hid behind a tree and whistled. The head of hair belonged to Charlie and he looked up when he heard my whistle. I whistled again and made myself seen. He was able to run off and ran to greet me.

          "MEI! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" he shouted as he ran to me.

          He picked me up in a hug and spun me around. I laughed and smiled and hugged this joyful redhead.

          "Charlie! So! This is why you came to the Burrow! You brought dragons for us!" I said excitedly.

          I was so happy to see him. He and I walked along the Black Lake after letting Hagrid and Harry know. I told him everything that happened. We sat on a large stone and he examined my face and hands.

          "They shouldn't scar too badly. I'm sorry about this though, Mei. All dragons are dangerous but we only brought two very bad ones. Basic math tells me you have a three in five chance of being safe," he reassured me.

          I held his hand and put my head on his shoulders.

          "Mei?" he asked, "Do you want me to walk you to the castle?"

          I looked up and kissed his cheek.

          "Sure, but we should let Hagrid and Harry know too," I replied.

          We let them know and Harry said he'd catch up shortly. Charlie and I swung our hands as we made our way to the Castle.

          When we got to one of the entrances, Charlie gave me a soft kiss, "Good night, Mei. You'll see me soon, I promise. I'll send a letter to Midnight for you."

          I waved at him, "Good night, Charlie. I look forward to it."

          I went to the common room and saw George sleeping on the couch. I changed into my pajamas and went down to join him. I still smelled like the forbidden forest and a bit like Charlie. I laid on top of George and he held me.

         "Where were you, love?" he asked as he wrapped his arms around me tightly.

          I snuggled against his chest, "I'll tell you in the morning, I promise."

          He grunted beneath me and soon we both fell asleep.