Chapter Sixteen: Five

It was the end of October and it was time for us to find out who the contestants would be for the tournament. Harry and I sat together with Hermione, Ginny, and Ron. Draco and I were exchanging flirty looks. From Durmstrang, the goblet chose Viktor Krum. Fleur Delacour was the contestant from Beauxbatons and she was the part Veela witch I noticed when she arrived at Hogwarts. Lastly from Hogwarts, it was Cedric Diggory, on the way up he blew me a kiss which I caught and brought to my lips. Suddenly, the goblet exploded in fire and another paper flew out of it.

          "Harry and Mei Potter?" asked Professor Dumbledore as he read the paper.

          I squeezed Harry's hand as the feeling of fear overcame my body. I pulled him and we walked up. I looked at the twins for help but they looked furious. George's face softened when he saw I was crying in fear. Fred didn't notice me. Harry held me as I cried, we were jeered by the students and interrogated by the headmasters and headmistress of the schools.

          No matter what, the contract was final and now five students were competing in this tournament. It was hell on campus that night. Only a few close friends believed me, I was miserable and distraught. No one has ever seen me this way. Alexander, Cedric, Ginny, and Draco were the only ones to believe me. Harry had Hermione. The twins and I had our first fight the next morning in the Great Hall.

          "How did you do it, Mei? Learn from our failure?" Fred confronted me.

          I was shocked, "You think I want this? I didn't put my name in the goblet! I don't want to die! Bloody hell, I told you I don't want fame or fortune!"

          Fred got in my face, "You know how to put a show on. What? Was our attention not enough? Was it for the Durmstrang?"

          I slapped Fred across the face.

          George stepped in, "Mei!"

          I got defensive, "George!"

          Harry was holding me back now but I was too angry to stop my words.

          I squeezed my eyes shut and poured out my feelings, "Maybe now people can tell you a part. What happened to what you told me over summer, Fred? Maybe if I was older you would like me better! But no! Don't start acting like you really care about me! Don't start acting like I'm yours! I don't need you! I don't need either of you twins! Maybe if I die in the tournament you can forget about me easier!"

          Harry's grip got loose when I mentioned dying and I didn't notice all of the Great Hall was watching.

          "I can't stand to look at you two!" I screamed as I ran out of the Great Hall.