Chapter Seventeen: Roses

I was running so fast. I didn't know where I was going. My blood was hot and the tears kept streaming from my face. I couldn't tell if those were footsteps behind me or if it was my own heartbeat. My head was pounding and I let my feet guide me away. I couldn't think and it all was a blur. I was at the greenhouses catching my breath when I heard the twins behind me. I hid in my own greenhouse.

           My flowers grew so well over summer and the smell of roses overwhelmed me. The twins have never been to my greenhouse and I heard them saying something about finding me when they ran past, unaware that I was inside. I walked over to my giant rose plants. The black and white ones grew nicely and the red one was fully in bloom with countless flowers. I went to pick one when I was cut by a thorn. My anger suddenly blinded me.

           I began yanking my rose plants. With every cut I grew more and more upset. I began screaming and crying at it. I was so angry, I didn't notice the twins in the window. I began throwing the roses to the ground and pulling the stems. My robes were being destroyed and torn, and every part of me was getting cut, especially my hands and face.

          After destroying my plants, I fell to my knees. I didn't even feel the thorns pierce my legs. I held myself and began sobbing. I didn't care how loud I was. I screamed I didn't want this, I didn't want to die. I just cried and cried, and I didn't know when the twins left. I felt so scared and alone, I passed out and I didn't want to wake up.