Chapter Twenty Nine: The Yule Ball

I kept myself in the girls dorm for the day. Many girls were telling me how scandalous I was being with Draco. Especially with him kissing me in front of everyone. Angelina surprisingly came to my defense.

          "Hey, Mei. I think you and Draco look wonderful together. Thank you for your gift," she said.

          "I know you like Fred. Things weren't going anywhere when we came back to Hogwarts and it felt unfair to do that in front of you. I promise, my feelings aren't for Fred. I'm not upset with you in any way," I said to her all at once.

          The girls gossiped around us.

          "Thank you, Mei," she said to me softly.

          I nudged her to cheer her up.

          She teased me, "So, Draco Malfoy?"

          I laughed with the girls. I did Ginny's makeup and helped Hermione with her hair. I put on the shoes I got from the twins and sighed.

          Ginny nudged me, "Nervous?"

          I nodded.

          "Can you zip me up, Ginny?" I asked as the gift from Ginny did my makeup.

          I stood and the girls looked at my dress as Ginny zipped me up.

          "Mei! You look amazing!" they all danced with me.

          I didn't want the attention.

          "Angelina, may I escort you down?" I asked and I danced with her.

          She laughed, "Of course!"

          Hermione asked to come out last despite us trying to calm her down. My hair was braided around like a crown and there were purposely loose strands of hair by my ears. The girls admired my gift from Draco and put the diamonds in my hair after pinning my hair in place. I kept the earrings in from Harry and I took out a ring.

          "Mei?" Angelina asked.

          I put it on my right hand ring finger. Draco and I aren't married.

          She sighed, "I was getting worried."

          I laughed and offered my hand to Angelina after I took off my necklace. 

          Before walking down, I gave Hermione a purple rose corsage and Ginny got a pink rose corsage from me

          Before walking down, I gave Hermione a purple rose corsage and Ginny got a pink rose corsage from me. I walked down the stairs on the way to the Great Hall with Angelina. I heard people shush to look at me and I locked eyes with Fred. For a moment, it felt like time froze. He looked so handsome and I felt his eyes on every part of me. A smile crept on his face. Just for a second, I smiled at him when I saw his face light up. My heart fluttered. Then I remembered I was escorting Angelina. I handed her to Fred and gave them a wink. It hurt. George gave me a whistle and twirled me.