Chapter Twenty Four: Happy

Thankfully, I wasn't late and I was in a little pain when I made it to the top.

          Draco was waiting for me, "Darling! I'm sorry, I should have chosen a different place."

          He was holding my face and checking to see if I was hurt anywhere else. For over a year I was denying my feelings because of the constant presence of Fred. Ever since he stopped speaking to me, I can face my feelings. I can face Draco.

          I looked into Draco's eyes, "I like you, Draco."

          "Mei?" Draco asked.

          I kissed him and he held me.

          "I said I like you, Draco," I confessed.

          Draco hugged me, lifted me, and spun me around, "I like you too, Mei. I have liked you since the moment you bumped into me on the train."

          I kissed him again, "Put me down gently, my leg is still injured."

          He put me down and we stood by each other.

          "Why do you like me, Mei?" he asked softly.

          "You make me happy," I replied.

          "What about those twins?" he asked, confused.

          "They want to make everyone happy. They want a joke shop but it feels like they ran out of jokes with me. I'm a competitor now and I can't be pulling pranks anymore. I think we only had that in common," I explained.

          He kissed the side of my head softly.

          "With you, Draco, I feel different around you. I can be emotional and we took care of each other last year," I concluded.

         "You make me happy too, Mei. You really do. And I do like you," he said as he kissed me.

          We stood close to each other and enjoyed each other's company.

          It was getting late and he helped me down the stairs, "Will you be alright getting back?"

          I nodded and he kissed my hand as we both went to our common rooms. I felt like a weight was lifted off my chest and, despite my injury, I felt happy.