Chapter Twenty One: Buttons

"Bloody hell," said George when I told him what I learned the night before.

          My head was in my hands, stressed. How am I going to face a dragon? I sat up and told George I was going to sit somewhere else when Fred came into the Great Hall.

          "You can tell Fred if you want. Charlie is his brother too," I said as I left.

          I could still hear people whispering whenever I was around. This was annoying.

          "Morning, Draco," I said as I sat next to him.

          "Morning, darling. What were you telling that Weasley twin?" he greeted.

          I sat closer to Draco, something he welcomed as he put his arm over me in a boastful way.

          "It's the first task. I know what it is," I said softly.

          He put his hand to my chin and turned my face to his, "What is it?"

          I looked him in the eyes, "Dragons."

          His hand fell from my face and he embraced me in a hug, "You can do it, Mei. I know you can."

          I hugged him tightly.

          "I need to go outside for a bit, want to come?" I offered.

          Draco, his friends, and I made our way to a courtyard near the Hufflepuff common room. People had offensive buttons about my brother but my attention was on Cedric. Draco stayed behind and climbed a tree in the courtyard as I approached him. What is it with boys and climbing trees?

          "Hey, Cedric," I greeted, "can I talk to you privately, please?"

          He sat up when his friends were whistling at me and we walked to an empty hallway. I noticed my brother was approaching the tree where Draco was.

          "What is it, Mei?" he asked as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, gaining my full attention.

          "Its the first task. We're facing dragons," I told him while blushing.

          He looked serious, "How do you know?"

          I whispered in his ear, "Charlie Weasley, they're in the forbidden forest."

          He cleared his throat and ran his hand through his hair.

          I pulled back and saw him blushing and laughed, "You're red."

         He held my waist and kissed my nose, "Same to you."

          I felt myself getting red and shooed him off. There was a commotion in the courtyard. Apparently, Draco was about to draw his wand on Harry but Professor Moody turned Draco into a weasel. Professor McGonagall had him turn Draco back. I ran to find Draco, I knew his father would hear about this.