Chapter 17

I tore my gaze off of him and opened my locker, putting some books in.

I had no idea what was wrong with him, and I also had no idea what we were. I closed my locker and walked the opposite direction of where he was.

The school already had some weird decorations up, like spider webs, creepy pumpkins, witches, etc. They weren't ugly, they actually looked kind of cool.

A few periods passed by and now I was in Gym, my second least favorite class. My teacher was extra cranky today so she made us run 5 laps around the room, and the room was pretty huge.

The guys had to go first, then the girls. I hated when they did that, can't we all go together so the guys won't stare when we run? It makes me feel shy and self-conscious.

I mean, I was a bit of a hypocrite because I also stared at the guys but I mean, how can I not? My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a few squeals behind me

I turned around and saw the annoying girls surround someone. I stood on my tippy toes and saw a face I didn't want to see the whole day.

Kimberly.

Why was she here? I tried to get a little closer to listen to their conversation and felt my stomach twist when I heard them talking about Kimberly switching schedules.

"I can't believe we have this class together! It won't be boring anymore" a girl chirped, clapping her hands together

I saw the guys come back and realized it was our turn to go. I pulled down my shorts a little bit and began running when the teachers blew their whistles.

Kimberly passed me and she was wearing the smallest booty shorts I have ever seen, making me want to throw up.

"Hey Gomez" Kimberly slowed down a bit so we were running at the same pace

How can she speak while we're running? I was out of breath and couldn't get a word out "what" was all I could get out of my mouth

She pouted "Aw, are you already tired?" She laughed and threw her head back

Yes I was tired, but I wasn't going to tell her that, obviously. "Leave me alone" I said and tried to run faster but she caught up to me

She giggled quietly "you probably thought I forgot about the whole making you miserable thing, but I haven't" her face turned serious all of a sudden

All I wanted to do was stop running and start punching her, but I couldn't. I'm a great student and I don't want to get suspended.

I thought she finally stopped talking but I was wrong. I hated her voice.

We were on our 3rd lap and all I wanted to do was collapse on the ground but I couldn't because everyone would laugh at me "I didn't have any classes with you, until now. I wanted to have gym with you so I could tease you and all that fun stuff"

I groaned "Shut the hell up, you're fucking annoying" I spoke without thinking about it

She glared at me then gave me a fake sweet smile "I don't care. You're going to have to deal with me for the rest of the year" she laughed and ran ahead of me

After I finished changing I grabbed my stuff and threw my bag over my back, and walked outside when the bell rang.

I was looking forward to take a shower, eat, and maybe watch some Netflix, but then I remembered I agreed to hangout with Evan today.

I sat down on a bench and looked around to see if I saw him anywhere. After what seemed like forever, I finally saw him walking towards me with a small smile.

He gave me a hug, surprising me "uh hey evan" I hugged him back and pulled away

"C'mon" he held out his hand for me to grab it and I just stared at it. He was taking this way to quickly and I think he noticed because he quickly pulled away his hand "sorry uh, let's go" he muttered

I expected the car ride to be really awkward and silent but surprisingly it was filled with laughter and giggles. I'm just glad it wasn't going to be weird between us after our breakup.

When he parked the car, I smiled widely "Ice cream?"

He nodded and we walked inside, making a few bells ring from the top of the door "I really needed this, it's hot outside"

He ended up choosing strawberry and I chose butter pecan. The guy handed me my ice cream and I quickly licked it, throwing my head back "this is good"

Evan chuckled beside me and payed for everything. I apologized a couple times because I didn't want him to pay for me, but he had to since I left my wallet in my locker.

We walked outside and saw a park near by, so I dragged him to it and sat on a blue bench "thanks for this"

He groaned "stop apologizing it's fine really" he playfully nudged my shoulder

I smiled and looked down at my lap. No matter how hard I tried, I kept on replaying the look on Justin's face when he saw me talking to Evan earlier. It made me think that maybe somewhere deep down he actually cared about me, like I did about him.

The whole day went by pretty amazing, Evan and I went to my house and watched a movie after we finished our ice cream at the park, and now it was 7pm and Evan stood up from the couch to leave.

I walked him to the door and stood there as he walked outside "thanks Evan, I had a great time"

He nodded "I did too, see you tomorrow" He said and shoved his hands into his pockets, then walked towards his car

I shut the door and began cleaning up the mess we made.

************************************************
OH MY GOSH GUYS YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I HAVE PLANNED FOR THIS BOOK!! Hope you liked this chapter even though Justin wasn't in it a lot.