Chapter 47

Selena

I walked down the stairs tiredly to see my mom flipping pancakes, "Good morning, you're up early" My mom said happily then turning her attention back to her pancakes.

I checked the time and sighed, "You woke me up to the sound of pans falling everywhere", I chuckled lightly and sighed dramatically.

She grinned sheepishly, "Yeah, I kind of dropped some pans", she said and I nodded, sitting on the stool. I showered last night so I didn't need to shower again this morning. She handed me a plate with two pancakes and tossed me the syrup, which I caught.

"Mom can I stay home" I glanced at her and looked down at my plate, taking a bite out of my pancakes with the fork she gave me.

She chuckled, "Yeah sure sweetie" She said too nicely.

I raised my eyebrows, surprised at what she said, "Wait, really?"

"No" She said seriously, and my shoulders immediately slumped. I forgot how sarcastic she could be at times.

I quickly ate my food, then chugged down my milk. My mom was barely on her first pancake so she stared at me with wide eyes, "I didn't know you were that hungry. Do you want more?" She asked, while shoving a piece in her mouth.

I shook my head, "Yeah I was starving, and no thanks. I have to get ready." I groaned lightly and put then dishes in the sink before walking upstairs.

I had no idea what I should wear for this day. This is the first day Justin and I go to school as a couple. I get a weird feeling in my stomach when I think of that word. I shouldn't wear nice clothes and wear make up just because I have a boyfriend now.

I check my phone and see that the weather is going to be sunny today. I walked back to my closet and pulled out some random light blue jean shorts, and a dark red flannel that I buttoned up and tucked in from the front.

Just as I was about to look for socks, my phone starts ringing

Just as I was about to look for socks, my phone starts ringing. I grabbed it quickly and answer it without checking who it was, "Hello?" I say, a little to quickly.

"Hey" I hear his voice.

I sit down and feel my heart pounding against my chest, "Yes Justin?" I ask, wondering why he would be calling me so early in the morning.

"Do you want a ride?" He asks, and I bite the inside of my cheek nervously.

"Actually, not today. My mom is home and she's taking me."