Chapter 53

Selena

I woke up the next morning and stretched out my entire body. It was a Friday but I felt like crap, so I decided not to go to school today.

My mom opened the door and peeked her head in, "Why aren't you ready? School starts in fifteen minutes."

I opened my mouth so I could breathe since I couldn't breathe through my nostrils. I am so sick, and I just want to eat and watch Netflix, "I'm sick mom. Why is it so cold in here?" I asked and covered myself with my sheets.

She walked over to me and placed her hands on my face, "You have a fever. Yeah, it's best if you stay home" She said, nodding to herself.

"Can you please close the curtains. It's hurting my eyes" I squinted and she did what I told her.

Perks of being sick.

"Okay, I'm going on a morning run. Are you going to be fine alone?" She asks and I nod.

She kissed my forehead and walked out of the room, closing the door. I grabbed my phone and groaned when I saw it was dead. I threw it beside me and stared at the ceiling.

Should I go downstairs and eat leftovers, or should I make something to eat? I sat up and put on my slippers. I dragged my favorite blanket with me downstairs and laid down on the couch. I turned on the television and settle with Greys Anatomy.

My stomach started to grumble and I got a call on my house phone. I reached for the phone on the table beside the couch and put it on my ear, "Hello?" I said tiredly.

"Selena? Why aren't you answering your phone? And how come you're not at school?" I heard Justin say worriedly.

"I have a fever. My phone died, and how in the world did you get my house number?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I asked Emily to call her mom" He said, and I could tell by his voice that he was embarrassed.

I tried to contain in my laughter, "Oh, and yeah I'm not going to school, sorry"

He stayed quiet for a few seconds, "Okay I hope you feel better" He said quickly and hung up.

I stared at the phone. He didn't even say bye. I shrugged and continued watching my show.

It was almost ten, and I was starving. I decided not to be lazy and search for something to eat. I heard the doorbell ring and prayed for it be the delivery man.

I didn't order anything, but it would still be nice to open the door and see a delivery man with pizza saying its national free pizza day.

I laughed at myself and opened the door, revealing Justin with five bags in his hands. He walked in and I shut the door, "Why aren't you at school, and what's in those bags?"

He smiled shyly, "I bought you medicine and," He dumped out different types of medicines out of the bag, "I didn't know which were your symptoms so I just bought all of these."

I looked at him and couldn't help but smile, "You bought me medicine just because I was sick?" I let out a chuckle and he nodded.