Chapter 75

Previously on | My Bad Boy . . .

"So what's your job?" I asked, really curious of where he chose to work at.

He paused, "Um just at this place. You don't know it. Hey um I gotta go, my phone is about to die." He said quickly, "I'll come over tomorrow alright? I love you." He said before hanging up.

I stared down at my phone. He was a terrible liar. I knew he was up to something, and it didn't sound good. I bit my lip and looked up at my best friends.

"Wanna come over to my apartment? I have tons of good movies we could watch all day." Shane smirked at us while wiggling his eyebrows.

Emily agreed and so did I. Throughout the whole car ride I couldn't help but worry for Justin. I wondered what he got himself into.

Justin

"I'm glad you're our new boss." One of the guys said, I think his name was Liam.

I gave him a thin smile, "I'm glad too. It will only be temporary though. Your boss is coming back in a few years." I reminded him.

He shrugged and joined the rest of the guys.

I got an offer a few days ago by a leader named Fray. He was a leader of a popular gang, and he told me he was leaving for a few years to Europe with his wife.

He told me if I could follow his instructions while he was gone and be the "New" boss while he was gone.

At first I was skeptical. I kept wondering why he would want an eighteen year old to run his business while he was gone. So I asked him, and he told me I was one of the best criminals out there. He also said I was very intimidating, and you had to have that if you were going to be a boss.

So I told him I'd need some time to agree, and I eventually did. I wasn't going to be doing anything bad, just ordering people to do the bad things for me.

I couldn't tell Selena. I barely got her to be back with me, I wasn't going to lose her again. I clapped my hands together and cleared my throat, "You guys can all leave now. You'll start your new task tomorrow, so be here around five in the afternoon."

"Yes boss." They all said and walked out of the door.

I smirked to myself, feeling superior.

The next morning

I woke up to a knock on my bedroom door.

I slipped on a shirt and trudged toward the door, swinging it open to see my dad standing there with a nervous smile.

"We need to talk." He said and both my eyebrows raised.

"And this can't wait a couple more hours?"

"Well, not really." He said, "Put some clothes on, and we'll talk downstairs."

I nodded and shut the door. I slipped on some sweats and walked in the bathroom to brush my teeth and comb my messy hair.

After I finished I walked downstairs to see my dad drinking coffee, seeming deep in thought.

His eyes met mine and he sighed heavily, "Justin I have news."