Chapter 49

Selena

I waited on a bench outside of the school building, waiting anxiously for Stephen to arrive. I told Emily that Justin was in the hospital, and she told me she wanted to come with me, but I just ignored her and told her to leave before she was late to class.

School started five minutes ago, and I honestly could care less. Once I saw a white Camaro pull up next to me, I jumped to my feet and practically ran to the door. I knew it was Stephen because I remembered that day when Justin was drunk, and Stephen took him to my house, he drove this car.

I opened the door before getting in and slamming it shut, "Tell me everything, now", I said out of breath.

He sped off, "Well I don't know exactly, I was at home and I heard a knock so I opened the door to see Justin coughing up blood holding his stomach, and his face was all bloody. He said something about guys ganging up on him, then how he didn't want to go home because he didn't want his dad to see him like that, and how he didn't want to worry you. Plus, my house was closer to where he was", He took a deep breath and I nodded, taking in everything he was saying.

"What time was this?" I asked, because I remembered when Justin texted me at ten last night, telling me he was going to pick me up.

"Probably midnight, I'm not sure, why?" Stephen asked, while he pressed a little further on the pedal.

My face twisted in confusion, "What was he doing at midnight? Oh, and why the hell didn't you tell me Justin was hurt earlier? Why now? Why didn't you call me while you were in the waiting room last night?" I said getting angry at him. I have no idea why I was so mad. Maybe my period was on its way.

He sighed deeply, "I just figured you would be asleep, and I didn't want to call you so you could come to the hospital and have a sleepless night like I did", he said, and suddenly I felt a little less rage for him.

Five minutes of pure silence passed, and we were in the parking lot. I literally jumped out of the car and sprinted towards the entrance to see a nurse on a computer. I heard Stephens footsteps behind me but I didn't care, "Hi um", I pulled a strand of hair behind my ear, "Can I see Justin Bieber?" I spoke nicely to the nurse and she smiled.

"Wait a minute" She said and typed who knows what into the computer. I tapped my foot anxiously on the floor.

I stared at the nurse and her blonde hair that was pulled up in a tight bun, and her bright blue eyes. Her mouth formed into a small frown, "I'm afraid you can't see Justin right now, the doctors are with him at the moment".

"Doctors? As in multiple? Is he going to be alright?" I asked hopefully, while I felt tears well up in my eyes.

She gave me a look, pity written all over it and I slammed my hand on the counter, "Answer me!" I said a little too loudly, and felt eyes of people in the waiting room on me. I felt Stephens hand on my waist, "Selena, calm down"

I pushed his hands off of me, "Don't tell me to calm down," I looked up at the girl in front of me, "Is. He. Going. To. Be. Alright?" I asked sternly and slowly.

"I," She cleared her throat, "I can't say, I'm sorry," She smiled sadly and I rolled my eyes, frustrated with everyone at the moment. All I wanted to do was see him.

"Please, I'm begging you" I said more nicely, "I just want to know if he's going to be okay" My voice cracked unexpectedly and she sighed.