Chapter 35

(For any of you who are confused about who Kimberly is...She's the girl who kept bothering Selena at the beginning of the book and told her to stay away from Justin. You guys could go back and check if you forgot her!)

Selena:

Why would she be texting him? Out of all people, why her? And how did she get his number? What did she want? I felt the urge to grab his thumb and put it on the home button to unlock the phone, because I've seen him do it, but I didn't want him to get mad.

I scowled and glanced at him, my scowl fading away when I saw his face squished up since his hand was under his face. His mouth slightly open, and his hair all messy.

It was hard to be mad at him, but looking at him didn't make my anger go away. Why did he kiss me if he's texting Kimberly?

Well, I could be overreacting. I mean, I have no clue what the messages say so I shouldn't jump to conclusions.

His phone was on my hands, and the digits to unlock his phone were facing me. I mean, I could just put his thumb on the phone and quickly glance at the messages.

I stared at his thumb and felt my face burning. What if he woke up? I was so nervous I actually felt sweat trickling down my neck.

I turned down the brightness of the phone and brought his iPhone closer to his thumb.

I swallowed and licked my dry lips. Just a little closer.

His thumb finally was placed on the iPhone and it unlocked. I smiled widely, proud of myself but frowned when I realized I was about to read what she said. I felt so... badass, but scared at the same time.

I mean, I can't open the messages so it can't say I read them. So I'll check his notifications.

I slowly slid my finger down and looked at Justin to make sure he wasn't stirring in his sleep or secretly staring at me.

I looked back at the phone and read the messages slowly.

So will you help me?

I really need you.

Help her with what? I wanted to click the messages to see the full conversation, but he'll probably notice and scream at me for invading his privacy.

I sound like a crazy girlfriend. I wondered if we ever dated, I'd be like this.

Probably.

I locked the phone and put it back under his pillow gently. Whatever it was, it had me really curious, and a bit angry.

The next morning I heard the alarm beeping loudly by my ear, making me swing at whatever was near me.

And Justin was near me. So I ended up hitting his forehead on accident.

"Don't scare me you idiot!" I said tiredly, and tried my best not to talk on his face because of my morning breath.

"Didn't know you were going to hit me." He muttered and I lazily stood up and stretched,the shirt rising up a few inches. I grabbed my toothbrush from my bag and took it with me inside the bathroom.

From the mirror I could see Justin walk over to the closet and take out jeans and a shirt. I snapped out of my unholy thoughts and finished brushing my teeth.

After that, I walked back into the room and grabbed my bag, then took out my clothes for school.

If anything, it felt like we were actually a couple. I mean, we slept in the same bed, kissed, woke up and started changing in front of each other.