Chapter 40

Selena:

We were now finished with our food and Justin was staring at me, while I was pretending to be interested in the ingredients of a chili bottle that was on the table.

I then glanced at him and saw his cheeks flush a light pink. I smiled and raised my eyebrow, "What?"

He tapped his fingers on his lap, then nodded, "Want to come over? I have to show you something." He said, sounding a tad nervous.

And c'mon, who can't say no to nervous Justin? I nodded, "Yeah, want to leave?"

He nodded then stood up, picking up the check that laid on the table. He followed closely behind and he gave the receipt to the girl. I reached into my pocket, but he stopped my hand mid way, "I'm paying and I will not argue with you about this." Justin said, handing her a 20 dollar bill.

The girl took the money, "That's cute" I heard her whisper under her breath.

I smiled to myself and wondered how'd it be like if Justin and I ever dated. It'd probably be the same, just more kissing and cuddling. After the girl gave Justin the change back, we walked out of the restaurant.

"So we're going to your house?" I said, not wanting to go back to my house.

He smiled, "Yup."

"Why?" I said, trying not to sound to eager. What if his dad was home? I looked down at my outfit and shrugged, I guess I don't look that horrible today.

"Surprise" He mumbled and opened the door for himself. I chuckled, then walked to the other side, opening the door and getting inside.

"It's hot, turn on the air" I whined, feeling sweat on my back.

Once he turned on the air, I sighed in relief and wondered why he was going to take me to his house. Maybe he was just bored and didn't know what to do.

A few minutes later, we arrived at his house and didn't see any other car, making me sigh in relief. I wasn't ready to meet his parents. Well, dad. I rolled my eyes at how rude my thoughts were.

He got out of the car and I followed behind. I looked around and saw that the garden was dying. Without a girl in the house, I bet they didn't care about these poor flowers.

Once we walked inside his house, he motioned me to follow him upstairs. I don't know why he wasn't talking, but he seemed way to nervous.

When we walked into his room, I sat down on his bed and watched him rummage through his closet, "What are you doing?"

"Hold on" I heard him say and then he took out a guitar. My eyes widened and realized that he was going to sing to me. He stood up and sat down next to me, getting comfortable, "I'm going to sing okay?" He scratched the back of his neck and sighed, "This is my first time singing to anyone. So please don't say anything if I mess up" He said shyly, making me want to squeeze his cheeks.

I nodded and watched at how he strummed the strings with a pick. He did it one more time,

"As long as you love me, yeah" I heard him say the first few lyrics and felt my mouth drop slightly at how good he sounded, "We're under pressure, seven billion people in the world trying to fit in." He sung quietly, but loud enough for me to hear.