Chapter 34

Selena:

Emily had to leave early, because her mom called telling her it was getting late, and it was. It was around 9pm, and all we did was shop the whole day while stopping to eat pizza and subway.

So before Emily left, I grabbed my shopping bags from her car and put them in Justin's trunk.

Now Justin and I were in his car, driving back home.

Justin didn't really shop a lot, he just bought Calvin Klein underwear and a few jeans that I helped him pick out.

I rested my head on the window as the song With you by Chris brown came on. I tapped my fingers on my lap as I hummed along. I shut my eyes and heard Justin whispering the lyrics.

He slowly sung the song louder and louder, making me look at him in amazement. What the heck? His voice was so.... Perfect.

He looked over at me, but didn't stop singing. He grinned then looked away.

"Justin, you can sing" I said as the song came to an end. He didn't reply, he just gave me a small shrug.

"I'm serious." I said, staring at his jaw that kept clenching.

"Thanks." Was all he said.

Well then. I see someone doesn't really like talking about their talents. He lowered the volume of the radio and glanced at me, "I don't like talking about it, okay?"

"Why not" I said.

I slapped my face mentally. Why am I so stupid? If he doesn't want to talk about it then why would I say that? I slowly looked at him and he smiled slightly, "Nobody knows that I sing, not even my dad. I don't like to make a big deal out of it."

"And your mom?" I asked, and he spaced out for a second, biting his lower lip really hard.

Way to go Selena. You freaking pissed him off.

"I don't have a mom. She abandoned me and my dad. I don't like talking about her." He said, staring at the lonely road. I nodded, not asking anything else.

It was quiet for a few minutes until he spoke up, "Uh, want to come over to my house? My dads probably working, and I don't want to be alone." He said, sounding a bit nervous.

I was about to say no because my mom would get pissed off but I could just makeup an excuse. Also, I didn't want to be alone either, "Yeah sure."

I grabbed my bag and took out my phone, sliding my thumb across the screen then searched for my moms number. I clicked call, and put the phone up to my ear.

After a few rings she answered, "What Selena I'm working." She said, sounding out of breath.

"Can I sleep over at Emily's today?" I said quickly.

"Emily? Uh" She paused, "Sure, be back home early tomorrow, Bye." She said and hung up. Wow mom, at least say I love you.

"Sleeping over huh?" I heard Justin say.

"Yeah, so drop me off at my house so I can get clothes for school tomorrow." I said, sounding a bit confident.

Where did all of this confidence come from? I looked at Justin and he nodded, "Okay".

Suddenly my phone started ringing and I checked it, seeing that it was Evan who was calling me. I glanced at Justin and he looked at me then my phone, "Who is it?" He asked then took my phone out of my hands.

"Justin! Give it back." I hissed and tried to snatch it back, but he answered and put it on speaker.

"Hello? Selena?" Evan said and we stayed quiet, "Um Sel, I just want to say that I'm sorry for kissing you like that. I know you don't like me. I just, I don't know. I'm sorry" He sighed, "Are you listening?".