Chapter 29

Selena:

"Don't hi mom me, tell me what you're doing here" My mother demanded.

"I came here with my friend because his friend got hurt" I said quietly "it's complicated"

She raised her brow "Stacey?"

"No, Justin."

She nodded and straightened out her uniform "Then why'd you come out of Grace's room?"

"Uh, I don't know. Wait, you know her?" I spoke louder.

She nodded and looked at my outfit real quick "I take care of her, why?".

"Is she going to be okay? I met her today and she's really sweet" She sighed and took my hand.

"Selena, she is in critical condition. I suggest you don't go back in there before you get too attached to her and get hurt in the end"

My mouth hung open slightly "So you're saying.. That she won't survive this?" Tears formed in my eyes and I pulled my hand away from hers when she nodded.

"I need to go" I wiped my eyes before any tears could roll down.

"I'll be home early today, then we'll catch up on anything you need to tell me okay? I need to tell you a few things as well" She gave me a small smile and I nodded quickly, then made my way back to Stephens room.

I really shouldn't have walked over here. The whole Grace situation made me really emotional and that's not what I needed.

Once I made it back to the room I pushed open the doors and looked around, realizing it was just Stephen and I in the room.

Stephen lifted up his head slightly and smiled "Hey Se-, woah, have you been crying?"

I shrugged "Its nothing, I'm okay" I took a seat in a chair next to him "Uh, where is everyone?"

"They all went to buy food" He said, ignoring the subject about me crying, which I was grateful for.

"Alright, I'm just going to wait outside until they come back so you can rest" I stood up, but he reached over and grabbed my hand.

"No no, please stay. It's really boring in here, staring at the white ceiling, afraid that the grudge is going to get me" He faked a shudder and I rolled my eyes, but sat down anyway.

"You're so dramatic" I watched at how the corner of his lips lifted up slowly and how his eyes sparkled whenever the light from the ceiling hit his eyes.

I found myself staring at his face and he seemed to notice because a small smirk appeared on his face "If you're going to stare, don't make it so obvious" He chuckled "Seriously, you look kind of scary just staring at me with no emotion at all"

"I was just thinking of how ugly you look right now" I rolled my eyes, trying my best to act like I was serious and it seemed to work because his smile faded and he cleared his throat.

"Shut up" He muttered and I laughed, shaking my head "I was kidding" I finally said after laughing like crazy.

"Can you cover my legs? I'm cold" He said, giving me a small grin.

I sighed and stood up. Then grabbed the blankets and covered his legs. I made my way back to the chair, but he patted the bed, telling me to sit next to him.

It reminded me of how Grace did the same exact thing.

I took a seat next to him and tried my best not to move him.

He stared at me for a long time and opened his mouth to say something then closed it. He kept doing that until he finally spoke. "I'm sorry"

"For what?" I cocked my head to the side.