Chapter 2

(George POV)

I reached the house my five in the afternoon, just enough time to prepare before the said party. Taking out my keys as I unlocked the door inside the house. I noticed a few opened bottles of wine again in the coffee table, the TV still lit up on a comedy channel. I started taking off my shoes and placing them on the shoe racks, heading towards the TV remote and turning  the TV off. Just so, my mother stepped out of the bathroom looking pissed and drunk.

"What the hell are you doing you piece of shit." She yells at me, I sighed and started walking my way towards her. She was wobbly and all over the place, but her hand sure works well as she gave me a good slap. It didn't hurt too bad, but I was kind of concerned it might leave a mark.

"Mother please, go rest." I told her, earning a weak punch on the side of my chest. She just kept yelling at me everytime I try to care for her.

"Go to hell you trashy omega! Why did you even come back?!" She shamefully said to me, but I couldn't really care less. She's been telling me those awful words ever since I was younger that by this point of my life I couldn't feel the pain anymore.

"I'll leave once I graduate." With that said, I left her there standing on her own and walked upstairs to my room.

"You better leave!" She yelled at me, as I closed the door to my bedroom, dropping my backpack on the floor and dragging myself to the bed.

I checked on the timer I hand on my bedside table, exactly five twenty-four in the afternoon. "Good, I still have time to prepare." Taking out my cellphone and checking the google maps on the estimated time I would arrive in the area by bus.

The next bus stop would be in around two hours from now. And given that the venue wasn't that far, I would make it there with about twenty minutes ahead.

I started to check on my drawers, finding a suitable outfit to wear for an elite masquerade ball. I took out a navy blue suit  that I had wore when I graduated middle school. It was the perfect thing to wear on this kind of occasion, I picked out a dark blue collar to go with it, since omegas have been wearing collars everytime they go outside, and a blue tie to finish it off.

I decided to text Quackity about the mask, telling him that I didn't really have any. He quickly responded saying what my outfit would look like and sent him a photo of it.

Quackity:
Oh nice! Alright I'll buy you a white mask. It'll suit your outfit perfectly.

George:
Thanks Idiot Quack.

Quackity:
You can count on me Georgie...

I chuckled at his reply before putting my phone down, making sure its charging as I lay down in bed for a few minutes of rest, reading a book about the prince's runaway bride. It was a story about a princess who doesn't want to get married yet to what she thought was an ugly disabled prince, but soon accidentally meets up with his a few years later and ended up getting captured by the prince himself. It was kind of cliche at the end of the book for how the princess gradually falls in love with the prince, but I guess that's just how typical fantasies work. 

Closing off the book after reading the whole thing, I checked to see that it was already six eighteen at night. I stretched out my body as I decided to get up and take a bath, grabbing a towel on one of my drawers and walking downstairs towards the bathroom, ignoring my mother who's drunk and asleep on the sofa, the television still open. 

A few minutes later after a hot refreshing shower, I walked out of the bathroom, the towels strapped unto my waist as I walked back upstairs. Changing into the navy suit and looking at myself in the mirror, placing the blue collar on my neck. The suit still surprisingly fits me after all these years due to my omega body.

I took my phone, house key and wallet and as I went out of my bedroom, silently walking towards the front door. Noticing that my mother was still asleep, I quietly picked a pair of black leather shoe and puts it on. Now my outfit was complete, giving a glance back to my mother once more, before quietly exiting the house and locking the door.

I started walking towards the bus stop, checking my phone to see the time. There's still about ten minutes left before the next bus goes off, which was enough time for me to get there. I smiled to myself as I am finally going on one of Quackity's invites to a party.

"Here we go." I mumbled, as I stepped into the bus, tapping my green card to the scanner and picking out my destination. The bus would be stopping just a few blocks to the hotel, so I would just be able to walk the rest of the way. 

I sat on one of the seats that weren't occupied, patients awaits for the bus to start. Soon enough the drive began, and I was now officially on my way to the party. I texted Quackity once more, telling him I'm thirty minutes away. He replied to me by saying to text him back once I've reach the place.

I let out a quite sigh to myself as I watched the night city lights appear on the distance. I lived in a neighborhood exactly thirty minutes by bus away from the city. Hence why I always take the first earliest ride to school everyday. It was tiring but it gets the job done at least.

I couldn't really afford to pay my own apartment, plus my mother wouldn't agree. Not like she cares or anything, she just hates it when I spend her own money. The money I have was from all that childs support I got from my father since I was fifteen. I rarely spend it because it's all I had. My last child support was last year, it stops once I turned eighteen a couple of months ago.

I watched as the bus arrived the city, many fancy cars driving on the road along side the bus. Tall buildings from every corner, and many people walking in the side walks. "It sure is a busy day tonight." I mumbled to myself, it's probably because today's the friday night.