Chapter 39 ~ Waves of Slumber

;~; SCARLETT HOLMES / RENEGADE P.O.V ;~;

I teleported to my old house to get some stuff, I ended up on the gate walls for some reason so I had to create force fields to step down on.

The house was spammed with police tape and warnings since my parent's corpses were found here. The smell of icy grass and pollution had invaded my nose, I never smelled those before around my home, perhaps its gotham winter playing up on me.

I strolled inside with caution, quietly and slowly making no noise.

Already the whole hallway and living room had the furniture removed, the runway carpets were gone and the family pictures were the only things bringing color to the place.

I slowly walked as I examined the pictures, my heart ached to see my uncle again...

**Flashback**
"Okay, so the recoil will affect you aim so-"

"Use the extra grip and shoot at automatic only when needed" I giggled, cutting my uncle off and being a clever-clogs I was.

"Okay, three, two, one..."

I rushed over to the gun bucket and pulled out a loaded UZI, quickly ducking behind a wooden crate and firing the targets effortlessly. I side rolled to the other target and shot it in auto mode until it was nothing but a super bent metal target.

And I repeated this 5 times, switching guns in-between rounds and ammo shortages.

The test ended and I inhaled not only oxygen, but victory.

Everyone was clapping for me while my uncle grabbed a CBJ-MS and started waving it around, rarely shooting it with the safety off.

They thought my uncle was on drugs so they kicked him out the awarding period which was extremely disappointing. But because my uncle is a total badass rebel, he snuck in and sat underneath the bleachers, peaking through a wood hole and clapping for me.

**End of flashback**

I felt something moist snake down my cheeks, and yeah it was tears.

I harshly rubbed them away and sighed quietly to calm myself down. I needed to chill otherwise I would flood the house with the-moist-thing-that-went-down-my-cheek.

The police scanner in my pocket started buzzing and I felt like using the same UZI in the flashback to shoot the living hell out of it. But the emergency was a Tsunami about to slam down Hong Kong City, I understood the coordinates and prepared to head off.

Before I could disintegrate, I heard a loud swish, the sound you would get when taking a sword out the holder on your back.

I didn't give much attention because it can also be the the sound of wind slashing against windows or entering and whistling.

I teleported and felt like I was finally safe, like there really was someone pulling a sword out the holder.
But I cant be too sure, sounds are clever and can bloom suspicion in your mind.

I arrived at the place and I was kilometres away from the main bay, but I could perfectly see it.

The military was pulling people out of houses and into helicopters, you could technically see the mad waves brewing a storm from where I was currently standing.

The crash waves began, small raw waves started slamming into the bay, some people were starting to run the opposite direction of the bay while others just gathered their things and lazily got in cars, starting to drive across the beach and even more stupid things.

I started running to the middle of the bay since my plan was to use all my power to maintain a force field, backing the waves from the city.

I spotted a small Chinese girl alone, buried in the sand, struggling to get out.

The wave was minutes away from hitting and I knew I couldn't unbury her on time...

So I slammed my boot down on the sand, creating a huge barrier line and raising the shield up. The girl started screaming and crying when the barrier appeared just centimetres below her feet.

I held the field, waiting for the wave to crash while walking slowly up to the girl with my head focused. Just as the girl spotted me she screamed, the wave hit the field and I felt a huge strike of pain up my back, neck and through my arms, slowly repeating and getting higher in pain.

The waves beat against my force field, but I felt weak and faintish, my nose started bleeding and my head pounded with headaches.

The weight of the gun on my back hurt, so I used one arm to throw it slightly next to the girl.

She soon wiggled out after a few minutes of me fighting with myself to keep the barrier up. The girl mumbled some unusual words before grabbing my gun.

"P-Put i-it down s-sweetie" I smiled weakly, I had the barrier up for almost 15 minutes now.

The girl didn't understand my words, she just pulled her water gun out of the sand from where she was buried before, trying to see which gun was better.

And she picked mine up.
Putting her finger on the trigger and waggling it around until she shot me straight in the hip.

I gave out and collapsed to the floor, the wave gushed down on me and the stupid child. The salty sea water pained the gunshot wound as it swayed around me. The water power died down so it never reached the city, it just stopped at the rails.

My eyes shut and I let the water carry me away.