Chapter 50 ~ After all this time...

;~; SCARLETT HOLMES / RENEGADE P.O.V ;~;

So, he was friends with Scarlett? Who was he... Think...

The answer is right under my nose... I just need to give myself some time to collect clues and remember.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the night of the rescue mission I brought the team back safely to Mount Justice, after what Nightwing said Back at the warehouse resulted in me crying a few tears at the scene. Luckily he didn't suspect it because I was walking around the room.

We found out that Scarecrow had escaped and left us with his goons, we took them out and questioned them, gaining some information on his next base setup.

When I had got back to the cave via Bio-ship (M'gann left it parked on a hill) I received a thanks from the team and appreciation from Batman himself.

But I didn't smile or speak, I just nodded and stayed silent after what Nightwing had told me.

Right now I'm just in the hangar area around the motorbikes, Batman offered me a bike (Even though its useless as I can teleport around the globe) I took it because the second thing I loved apart from guns was motorbikes. It resembled to Batman's Bike, two huge wheels and full body seat.

It was plain black, no print or anything since he knew I could paint it myself.

But I left the painting for another day and started my investigation on the person that had came after me in my own house. I gave Batman two hairs and the mask, I just kept the one hair and did a google searching session.

The name of the guy was Deathstroke.

Yeah, thats all I found except for some awful cell-phone images since they were off google. Most images were sightings and fan art.

I started noting down the skills he had while watching a video of him when against Batman.

I'm surprised that guy got taken down by a girl like me. His fighting style was mixed unlike mine. I just learnt Martial Arts and a portion of Judo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I closed my laptop and dragged myself out the door to the hangar, checking if I had left my gun there.

I caught Nightwing holding it and observing the design.

"The safety is off" I casually walked to him, grabbing a mag and smashing it open to let the bullets pour out. I put some in my pocket and left the rest on the floor.

"Where'd you get this?" He carried on observing, knowing that there was no safety.

"Deathstroke was hiding it" I replied, taking the gun off him and walking away.

"Can you please stop being so rude" He groaned with frustration.

I turned to look at him then rolled my eyes, but really, I didn't have the courage to face him.

"What's your problem huh? You act like that stuck-up Damian boy" He muttered, looking at me through his one-way glasses.

"Don't call me that, your being a Dick"

Dick
It was Dick...

"Rude" He replied starting to walk away.

I sighed and remembered that time when he eye-raped me, that time when he gave me this mask, that time when he went quiet at the hospital after saving me.

And that one time at Dinner...

It all fits.
It's like I just found the final puzzle piece. Everything is in place.

"Dick Grayson" I blurted by accident.
I felt butterflies as he turned in shock and stared at me for a second.

"Who the hell is that" He laughed, looking at me like I was crazy.

He turned around and continued walking, but I teleported a metre in front of him and blocked him off.

"Look, can you move?" He spoke with pain, almost shoving me out the way when I immediately peeled my mask off and held tight in my half-gloved hands.

"Scarlett" He whispered.

His mouth fell half open, his eyes were tense. He looked at me before pulling his glasses off without hesitation.

"Dick" I said, a tear slid down my cheek and splattered on the ground.

He walked closer to me, his feet unsteady, he was almost trembling with shock. I had a still-as-stone face, watching each and every move he took.

Now we were only inches away from each other, his face was close and I looked extremely confused.

Firstly, I was breaking my family rules and totally disobeying my dead father.

Secondly, I didn't know anything about kissing or how to do it.

Thirdly, I knew he was going to kiss.

Fourth, I am fucking screwed.

I snapped back to reality and found that he was cupping my cheek, I had never felt so safe and comfortable before other than in my Uncle's arms or skin contact.

I didn't care, I dropped my mask and shot forward, digging my hand in his hair, pulling him to me with so much force while playing with his silky raven locks, twisting them around my fingers.

I was actually kissing him, somehow I knew how to kiss, my lips were smashing against his and sparks streamed down from his skin contact.

Every sound, thought and stress was blocked out, I felt like I was free.

I heard someone open the door, I pulled away and turned to see Damian and Zatanna both standing there with their eyes ripped open.

Damian stopped ripping his eyes and gave me a small thumbs up by his side, slipping out the door leaving Zatanna alone.

I watched as Zee lunged forward and ripped us apart, muttering some weird words, causing me to slam back into the row of bikes, they all fell like dominoes on top of each other loudly.

"Okay, if thats how you want to play - And you, stay out" I pointed to Nightwing at the end of the sentence.

I got up, picked my mask off the floor and putting it on, walking calmly to her.

"I don't need to hurt you, what you saw right there is sending knives of pain right up your ass" I mumbled, stepping back and turning to Nightwing.

I smiled at him lightly before walking over to the gun again, picking it up and walking out the door past Zatanna.

That, is how I settle bitches like Zatanna, verbally.

I feel the Aster now