Chapter 56 ~ To-Do List

;~; SCARLETT HOLMES / RENEGADE P.O.V ;~;

I wiggled my suit on and walked down the hallway, entering the tunnel to my quarters. I reached the end of the tunnel and walked over to my room, slowly placing my hand on the scanner. The door cranked open and just as I took my first step all the LED lab lights turned on. Thick rays of white and gold lit the room up as I stride to my desk.

I heard the door slam shut behind me when I plopped down on the chair. I looked up to see a whole wall board flooding with Lex Luther's pictures pinned to the board with thumbtacks.

I was looking for answers on my family's death. I needed to find the killer and Lex was the first person that came to mind.

I needed to know how my Uncle d,ied since no-one properly knew. I doubt it was a car accident, his bike was back at the house and he never rode cabs.

Damn hell, I miss him... I wish I could just hug him.

Its been five years since he died and five years of piecing things together for this one big moment.

I was totally disobeying YJ orders and rules. If I sneak out and hunt down Lex for answers it could end up with me getting thrown off the team.

Eh, but its worth it. I just want to know how my uncle died.

Or...

Maybe he didn't die at all.