Chapter 10 ~ Volleyball

I rushed to my locker and starting fumbling with the code wheel. The locker finally clicked open and I flung it open wide. A smell burst out in my face and No, it wasnt smelly gym clothes. It was my Uncle's detergent fragrance, which wasn't bought from Walmart or anything, it was made by him.

I always loved the smell, I fell asleep smelling it once - Of course I was wearing the clothing and not sleeping naked with the fragranced clothes next to me... Common sense.

I pulled the open bag out and throw it onto the bench swiftly, I turn around and shut the locker before messing up the code wheel like a smart person would do.

I walked over to my clothes and picked the bag up, the rest of the girls were hovering around and laughing freely while they were in their undergarments.

I scanned the nudey room for Barbara, who was thankfully still in her clothing with Ellie trailing behind her like a lost puppy.

"Um, private place or nah?" Barbara pointed to a small cubical room behind the lockers opposite mine. Babs overtook and I joined the lost puppy line with Ellie, we just... Well we followed her.

Our steps squeaked against the shiny floor, some water from the showers left puddles which haunted me since I was extremely clumsy. We reached the cubical rooms and Babs pointed to a cubical, which I bolted into before Ellie could even lay her glossy eyes on. I shut the door and throw my school bag down near the water mixer. I walk to the toilet and shut the lid, placing my P.E bag on top.

"Wow, you're nice" I hear her grunt almost immediantly after I shut the lid, her footsteps reacted with the floor and a loud door slam came from my right.

"Eh, soz" She sighed and the sounds of zipping and bags being chucked came from her cubical.

"Babs? Dick mentioned Volleyball, is it like a tournament? Or is it just games" I mumble loudly, my voice in a monotone level and my eyes were focused on my body and stripping down.

"Umm, didnt they tell you? You might be able to sit this one out since you just joined a day ago" She replied louder, her voice was muffled with clothing being thrown and zips being seperated harshly.

"Ellie shut up, Babs is trying to talk" I snort, debating if I should sit it out or not.

"Hey Scarlett? Do you mind if I call you Scar? Or is it too weird" Babs loudly smacked the door and continued talking.

"No big deal, I love that name" I smile even though they cant see it.

"Scarlett? Do you mind if I say something?" Ellie blares, I hear unlocking of a door and shadows of a person appear which I assume is Ells.

"Go ahead" I reply, slipping on my skin tight P.E shorts and sticking my feet into the plimsoles.

"I think, Roy has a crush on you" She whispers, a small bump in her throat dissapears when she takes a deep gulp.

"Uh... I dont know how to reply to that" I scratch my head in confusion and revise all the looks he gave me in the past.

"Its so flipping obvious! Oh and, Dick looks like a total suck up to you" She snickers and looks up at Babs who also steps out.

"What the- Scar whats with your arms?" She exclaims and analyzes my body.

"What?" I add body shape to my thoughts with Roy and Dick.

"Do you... Work out or something?" She raises a brow and the bell goes off.

"Yeah um, I do" I reply pressing the bridge of my nose in embarrasment.

"Nice, you must pack a punch then" She laughs, leading us to the pitch. I follow and avoid replying but it comes out of my mouth like spilled beans.