Chapter 12 ~ Murderers

;~; SCARLETT HOLMES P.O.V ;~;

"Scarlett, I'm so sorry" Stephen (Chief Justice) Murmured to me, he pulled the car door open and before I could get in, a few cold raindrops collided with my exposed arms. My mind was focused on my uncle's death when it hit me, when the main question smacked my head.

Why is Stephen picking me up? My bike is at home so thats one less problem...

I wiggled into the carseat farther away from the right-hand side window and rubbed my arms against the fancy carseat fabric. I turn and watch Stephen smoothly slide into the car without any problem. His hand pulls on the door and it slams shut. He passes me a dark greyish baggy hoodie, I slip it on and pull the hood over my head. I didnt feel like Talking to anyone, but Stephen's eyes forced me.

"Hey Scarlett?" He leans forward and his deep blue eyes glimmer. I tug on my flabby gum area and watch his lips hesitate to depart. His eyes were focused and his uniform was crumpled up because of him leaning too much.

"Your Uncle, he gave his whole will to you" He looked at me and gave a sorrowful smile. I replied with a sudden nod and turned back around facing the window, watching sheets of rain rush down and crash against the concrete ground.

I really didnt care about the will, I care about him being around me. The fact that I'm not a cry baby - I dont cry when someone dies but I remember all the good times we had and I understand that death will come and it is something that will happen to everyone in this world.

His death- Hold up, his death.

"Stephen?" I turn back around hastily and meet his thoughtful eyes. He was a strong emotionless man but clearly 'Emotionless' wasnt the word you would use for this situation.

"Yeah Scarlett?" He rests his chin in his palm and stands his elbow on his uniformed knee.

"How did... He die?" I ask with hope for a quick answer. His eyes start to go tense and he freezes, slowly pulling out from his elbow position.

"I... I am restricted from telling you" He stutters, never have I seen him talk like this before. Stephen was a cool dude, I'm surprised he hasnt gone crazy after all his family deaths and the assasination of his dad but you know, military guys are one badass emotionless freaks.

"C'mon, seriously - It cant be that confidential" I moan, my eyes were going to flood tremendously with water.

"If... If I tell you - Please dont let your dad know okay?" He mumbles in a guilty way.

"Yeah sure, I promise"

.........................................

"The Joker and Bane murdered him, Im not sure but the investigator found drips of Bane's drug and Joker's stun bomb" His words were like the bitter inside of a sweet and sour lolipop.

'When all things are going sweet, the sourness will hit like a bomb when you'll never expect it'

The only word that I could hear in my mind was Revenge...