Chapter 33: Compromises

It was the docking of one of the new arrivalled ships that had the queen awakening from her deep slumber. Slowly her eyes opened, scanning the room with a hooded lid, finding the glass of water on her nightstand waiting to be drowned. The memories from the night before came crashing down on her like a tidal wave. She groaned at the headache that appeared instantly and sat up, hand cradling her temple as she huffed.

"Eir, help me." She mumbled but when another docking shook the station her eyes opened instantly and darted towards the clock. She'd memorized the docking sequences, and this wasn't one she recognized. "Oh no." Her legs swung over the edge of the bed instantly. "No, no, no."

A quarter past 12, in the afternoon. Her heart hammered as she gathered her scattered clothes and quickly changed. She'd forgotten to put on her alarm, she realized, before she'd fallen asleep. Before he'd put her in bed, she remembered together with all the stupid things she'd said to him. When she appeared before the mirror she cursed herself in numerous languages, trying to clean off the remainders of her make up while putting her hair in a quick bun. She'd been drinking during her time here but never had it been this bad.

"Helya, take me." She mumbled as she darted towards the door, glad in her white coat as shame filled her entire being. Racing through the halls she quickly made her way to her unit where she found everyone in a haste. More than normally, at least. "What... what is going on?" Those green eyes followed the numerous beds with the clones in them as they were transported, all the nurses darting around with equipment in their hands.

"What in hell..." She made her way through the chaos and followed the current of people, finding out that they were taking everything and everyone off the station. There, where everything was being coordinated and brought into the awaiting ships, she found Elide watching over it all. "What is the meaning of this?" The frustration was clear in her voice as she strode towards her with large steps.

"Ah, doctor, you made it." Those gentle eyes glided over her figure. "Master Kenobi told me you were going to be late."

"Explain, now."

"Didn't master Kenobi tell you?" There was clear confusement in her brown eyes. "We're moving the station down to the base on the planet Adrena." She followed another patient as he passed, groaning softly in the bed. "The master ordered it this morning, said that he needed us close for his men's safety now that they're advancing on the battlefield."

Adrena. The Valerian groaned mentally. The exact planet where the spice king, the patient from the day before came from, the exact planet where the sith lord would be to further his plans. The chances of meeting him again were growing exponentially. Even worse so if he found out who exactly she was, and who was coming with her. Her headache worsened remarkably to the point she could feel her head pounding.

"To be honest, I'm glad. The pirate's attack left me fearing for our safety." The nurse continued as she surveyed the moving, unaware of the obvious agony the woman beside her was in.

"Oh, you have no idea." Lyanna mumbled in defeat as her shoulders sagged, her fingers rubbing her temple as she scrunched her eyes shut. Maybe this was it, the final reason to tell him.

"Doctor!" Then came another particular voice she didn't want to hear that made her rethink her latest thought. Her cheeks reddened fiercely as she slowly turned around to face him, suddenly aware of the utter mess her hair was. Not to mention the mess she had been the night before. "You're up early." Then came that dashing smile that left her stomach in impossible knots.

"Don't..." She put up her hand, closing her eyes as she let out a deep breath. "Please don't mention it." She added with reluctance.

A knowing smile appeared on Obi's lips. "We've all had bad days, doctor." He came to stand beside her to oversee the chaos and listened as she let out a loud huff, following the head nurse with his gaze as she disappeared into the chaos.