🥀Out of My Reach Alternate Ending🥀

2 alternate endings. Both are even angstier.
-Onion

.
.
.

He hopped off the swings, his eyes not meeting mine, and he turned, walking away from me.

"Wait!" I called out after him. I wanted to chase him, to make things right but my pride stopped me.

Pathetic.

It would be so pathetic to chase someone who had already given up on us, and so I left.

I walked the other direction.

I heard the screams of civilians behind me, I heard the screech of the car, I heard the sirens.

.

I felt my legs move but I didn't know where. I didn't know why. This is illogical. I can't save him now.

Yet somehow, I was standing above him. Blood was caked into his hair. He didn't look like the dead people at funerals. He didn't look calm, his body was twisted into a painful pose.

I felt hot tears roll down my face.

Pathetic.

~Second Alternate Ending~

He hopped off the swings, his eyes not meeting mine, and he turned, walking away from me.

"Wait!" I called out after him, running to catch up but his pace only quickened.

I ran. I ran and I ran. I chased him through the grey city.

.

When I caught up to him, I grabbed his arm, forcing him to stop.

"Let go of me," he spat out his words harshly.

"Can I just explain?" I begged him.

He shook his arm out of my grasp.

"Explain what?" His expression was bitter and bore holes into my skull.

"I never meant to-," he cut me off.

"Save it," he turned away from me. I grabbed his arm again but he easily slipped away.

"I thought if you hated me, it would help,"

"What?" He froze.

"I keep seeing this scene. I chase you and something goes wrong,"

"Then why chase me?"

"I don't know. My body won't let me leave,"

"..."

"Don't worry. I'll figure out a way, Tadashi,"

I was early this time, the car hadn't arrived yet. I guess there's only one escape. I walked into the road.

"Hey, what are you-,"

Right on cue, I heard the screech of the tires, and I felt the impact.

Red filled my vision and I was thankful.

So fucking thankful, I wasn't back at the swings.

I heard voices around me but with the last of my strength, I pushed them all away, a smile filling my face.

This is a pitiful way to die.