𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙖 𝙃𝙞𝙡𝙡 [ 𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ]

"we're Hills. we break noses and accept the consequences."

you are maria's 19 year old daughter

Very Much Like A Scene With Maryse & Alec in Shadowhunters, So Not Really My Story.

You were walking in the halls of SHIELD HQ, trying to find your mother. She had just gotten back from a mission and you had missed her, a lot. Since you didn't find her in the halls, you assumed that she was in her office, so that was were you headed after you had looked in every single hall for her. The door was slightly opened. You peeked your head through the small gap, seeing Maria standing by the window.

"Mom?" you gently said and the brunette turned to you with a small smile. You went inside, closed the door and jogged over to Maria, throwing yourself at her, your arms going down her waist and hers around your neck, one hand caressing the back of your head.

"Hey, sweetheart." she whispered and stroked your head with her palm, and played with your hair. Once the two of you pulled away, she stroked your cheek and kissed your forehead. You felt that something was wrong.

"Mom, are you okay?" you asked and she nodded, giving you a reassuring smile. But, you could see right through her. "Mom, I know your lying. Did something happen on the mission?"

"Nothing we can do about it now." she sighed and sat herself down on her chair, you placing yourself on the table.

"There's always something we can do." you said and Maria looked at you. "You taught me that."

Maria looked at you for a brief moment, silence filling the room. You sighed and rubbed the back of your head, a memory popping up in your head which made you smile.

"Do you remember when I was ten, and there was that kid, Jayce, who kept beating the crap out of me in hand-to-hand combat?" you said and Maria nodded.

"I remember. You had perfect form and perfect technique." she smiled and you nodded.

"Which what was holding me back." you said and Maria looked at you. "You said I needed to mess it up, break form, do something he wouldn't expect. Which, of course, I did."

"I was so proud when you broke his nose." she said and you chuckled, looking down.

"Until his mother yelled at you." you replied, looking up at Maria again. "And insisted that I'd be punished for it."

"That just made me prouder." she said and leaned forward, a smile plastered on her face. "The way you took it."

"I knew it had to be done." you stated and she smiled wider at you. "We can figure out a work-around for whatever SHIELD is throwing at you."

"Work-around's can get messy, if you recall." Maria sighed and pushed a few hair strands out of your face before leaning back in the chair. You stood up from the table, Maria following your gaze.

"We're Hills. We break noses and accept the consequences." you said and Maria smiled proudly at you. Didn't really matter what it was, as long as it was something that was upsetting your mom, you'd do anything to make her proud and happy. You knew that she was already very proud of you. "Mom, SHIELD has been on your back for months now. Don't you think you deserve a break?"

"Y/N, this is my job-" she started but you were quick to interrupt.

"I know that, mom. But SHIELD isn't your whole life. I know, you love working here, help people in need. But you deserve a few days off. Just a few. I can go talk to Fury about it." you said and Maria looked at you, shaking her head. "Mom..."

"Okay." she said and you were a bit taken back by it. She had never, agreed to days off. Never. Only when she had just adopted you, she didn't work for a year, but it was understandable. But after that, not a day went by where she wasn't at SHIELD. The first years you had a babysitter, but when you had turned nine, you tagged along and trained. Fury wasn't a fan of it, but he agreed to it anyway. "A few days, but only, if you spend them with me."

"Of course!" you smiled happily. "I want to meet your girlfriend. Natasha, right?"

"Yeah, Natasha." Maria smiled at the mention of her girlfriend.

"Isn't she like the Black Widow and an Avenger?" you asked and Maria nodded her head. "That's exciting and so cool!"

"She is cool." Maria whispered and you embraced her in a hug. Maria was thankful to have you, after she adopted you as a newborn, 19 years ago, her life had gone to the better. She was happier. She could have a bad day or a mission hadn't gone as planned, but seeing your smile only made her smile to herself and forget the problems.

blackhill for life idc and double update cause I got this idea while rewatching Shadowhunters <3

this is not proofread, I will read it later and edit if needed :)