𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙖 𝙃𝙞𝙡𝙡 [ 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 / 𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ]

[ tw: mentions of abuse ]

no cause I cried while writing this

You were sleeping until you heard murmuring and someone gripping your shirt tightly. Looking down, you saw your girlfriend covered in sweat as she held tightly, very tightly, on your shirt and tears visible in her eyes. You started shaking her and saying her name a few times before her eyes shot open, you noticing it and pulled her closer before she could do anything.

"Easy, easy, easy. It's just me." you said softly and felt her calm down, a whimper escaping her mouth. You stroked her back a few times before you felt her pull away, one of her hands on your chest. "Maria, are you okay?"

"I'm fine." she said and sat herself up on the edge, feet on the ground and her elbows on her knees, face in hands. You sat up, a sad face expression on your face.

"Are you sure?" you asked and was about to lay your hand on her back but she was quick to shove it away.

"I said I'm fine." she snapped. You bit your lip and nodded, standing up from the bed. Your footsteps caught Maria's attention as she turned to you and noticed that you were on your way to walk out. "Wait, where are you going?"

"I'm sleeping in the guest room. You say you're fine but I can tell when you're lying Maria, wether you're lying or not." you said and she just looked at you. "I know what happened to you and I can't blame you for being the way you are, but just know that I'll always be there for you. But I can't be there if you don't talk to me."

"I know..." she whispered and looked down. "I'm sorry."

"Hey," you said and bent down in front of her, taking her hands in yours. "You have nothing to be sorry for. It's not your fault for what happened. He blamed it on you, but it was never your fault."

"He hit me, Y/N." she whispered and looked at you, tears visible in her. Your eyes widened, she had never mentioned that her father hit her, only that he blamed her for her mother's death.

"What...?" you whispered and she nodded, tears slowly going down her cheeks and she looked down. You pulled her into a hug, her crying quietly on your shoulder. "I'm so sorry that happened to you."

You pulled away and wiped away her tears with your thumbs, her leaning into your touch. You placed a long and loving kiss on her forehead, she closed her eyes and sighed.

"I promise you Maria, I will never let that happen to you again, okay?" you said and she nodded, smiling sadly. You laid back down on the bed, Maria laying herself down beside you, her head on your arm as she cuddled up to you. Your arm that she laid on played with her hair, the other held her closer as on of her hands were placed on your chest. "Sleep, love. I'm always here for you."

FYI: it's not mentioned in the MCU about Maria's past, I know. I haven't read the comics yet, but it's said that her father blamed her for her mother's death and that he abused her.