𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙖 𝙃𝙞𝙡𝙡 [ 𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ]

[ it's not only fluff, kind of angsty too? idk it's a sad one. I rewatch Shadowhunters and now I have a lot of inspiration. this scene in the series was very emotional to watch so but I changed it a bit though ]

Maria was training with Natasha. After an accident that happened to you, you lost your memory, not remembering anything about being a part of SHILED, or the Avengers. What hurt Maria the most was that you didn't even remember her. They tired so hard to get your memory back but no success. She wanted to get things off her mind so she had asked Natasha to train with her, but Natasha could sense that it wasn't really working.

"Okay, enough." Natasha said and Maria just looked at her with a questioning look. "I can't hold myself anymore but you need to stop doing that."

"Do what?" Maria asked and Natasha sighed.

"You need to stop sneaking out at nights, just to see if you can see her somewhere." Natasha said and Maria just looked at the redhead. "I've seen you."

"What? Where have you seen me?" Maria asked and Natasha sighed again, shaking her head.

"Go to her apartment, her work. I get it, I miss her too, she was my best friend. Look, it takes every ounce of willpower that I have not to check up on her myself." Natasha said and took a few steps forward, seeing the tears that was forming in Maria's eyes. "But there's nothing we can do. Her SHIELD memories or even being a part of the Avengers is gone. She doesn't remember us."

"I know, I just..." Maria took a deep shaky breath, holding back her tears. "I just hope that she'll remember, one day."

"I know how much your hurting." Natasha said, fighting back her own tears as she placed her hands on Maria's shoulders. "But she'd want you to move on, find someone else."

"There is no one else." Maria said, the tears slowly going down her cheeks.

"You have to let her be, Maria. You have to." Natasha said and Maria looked down. Natasha pulled the taller girl into a hug, Maria silently crying on Natasha's shoulder.

-

Maria obviously went against what Natasha wanted her not to do. She found herself outside of where you worked, seeing you inside. She wasn't close so it wouldn't seem like she was stalking you, which was what she was doing, sort of, but she kept her small distance. When you were finished and about to leave, you noticed her stare as fast as you got out. Furrowing your eyebrows, you walked over. Maria noticed and slightly jumped when you stood in front of her.

"Sorry, didn't mean to spook you." you said and Maria just looked at you. Unable to form words, she stood up and walked away. You looked at her confused. But you ran after her anyway. "Hey! Hey I'm talking to you!"

Maria stopped her tracks, fighting back her tears that so badly wanted to roll down her cheeks. You appeared behind her and she turned around, you somehow recognized the face but couldn't really tell where from.

"Don't I know you, from somewhere?" you asked and Maria shook her head.

"No, I don't think so." Maria said.

"No, I do. I definitely do..." you trailed off and Maria looked at you. "You're Maria, right?"

"Yeah." she said in a somewhat happy tone. "Yeah, I'm Maria."

"I-I'm Y/N." you said and Maria smiled. Something in your head clicked and memories started to come back. You must've zoned out because Maria was snapping her fingers in front of your face and called out for you. "I remember..."

"What?" Maria asked, it coming out as a small whisper.

"I remember everything." you said and looked at Maria. "Maria Hill, my loving fiancée. We didn't get along when I joined SHIELD. But after our mission in Spain, you weren't as cold around me, asking me out on a date a few weeks later. I said yes and after a few more dates, we were a happy couple. You proposed to me six months ago, two months before my solo mission and the...accident..."

Maria just stared at you, relieved that you remembered. She couldn't say anything as she just pulled you into a hug, silently crying. She felt you hug back.

"You remember, you actually remember." she whispered and held your face when she pulled away. "I have someone else who would be very relieved to know you remember."

-

You and Maria entered the compound, seeing nobody. But heard chattering coming from the meeting room. She took your hand and led you towards it, opening the doors as you stood away from the door so they were unable to see you.

"Maria, where have you been? Don't tell me you went to her work again." you heard Natasha scold Maria. You giggled quietly which Natasha heard and looked at Maria. "What was that?"

"Go see for yourself." Maria said and Natasha raised an eyebrow. She walked out of the room and looked around until she spotted you.

"Hi Tasha." you said and her eyes went wide as she looked into the meeting room to see Maria giggle.

"Tell me something only Y/N knows." she said and you chuckled.

"You have a crush on Wanda-" you started but she was quick to place her hand over your mouth.

"Not so loud, you doofus." she said and you giggled into her hand before she pulled you into a tight hug. "I missed you, so much."

"I'm here now." you said and eventually, all other avengers got curious and walked outside, everyone shocked to see you there.

"Okay, Romanoff, give me back my fiancée." Maria said but Natasha gave her a glare.

"Shut up, Hill. Let me have my moment with my best friend." Natasha stated and you chuckled,

okay I'm crying at 6am. GREAT.