𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙖 𝙃𝙞𝙡𝙡 [ 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ]

[ arcane, again. angsty heh. I am so sorry for this. ]

When Maria spotted you from the doors to SHIELD HQ, it was raining. Your y/h/c hair was wet from the rain, as were your clothes. She sighed and started to run over to you, calling out for you.

"Y/N! Wait!" she called out and ran until she was behind you. "Wait! Where are you going?"

"I don't know. Back to where I came from?" you said and kept on walking. "Seems what everyone here wants."

"I can fix this." Maria said and you turned around, making Maria stop her tracks.

"You can't!" you practically yelled.

"There must be something else we can do. Some other way." Maria tried to encourage you to try again. "We'll make a new plan. We have to try."

"We tried, okay? It wasn't enough!" you said and Maria looked at you sadly. "I don't fit in here, and I shouldn't be here!"

"What about us?" Maria asked, almost regretting it when those words escaped her mouth.

"Oil and water. Wasn't meant to be." you said and you saw how tears started to form in Maria's eyes, and she fought to keep them back.

"Y-You're just saying that..." she almost whispered.

"Do yourself a favor, Maria. Go back to that, awesome job of yours and just, forget about me, okay?" you really didn't want to say that, but somehow did anyway. You started to walk again but Maria was quick to grab your wrist and stopped you from walking away.

"No. You're not going anywhere. I am not letting you walk away, Y/N! Not after everything we've been through together." she yelled and you turned around, gasping slightly when you saw the tears that went down Maria's cheeks.

"Maria...please..." you whispered and she shook her head, pulling you closer by dragging you by your wrist and held the other with her other hand.

"I can't lose you, Y/N. Please..." she whispered and you shook your head, looking down. "I-I love you..."

"If you love me, you'll let me go..." you said and felt how Maria's grip on your wrists started to loosen. You stroked her cheek, before kissing it, Maria letting out a sigh. When you pulled away, you gave her a sad smile and started to walk away.

oopsie. ngl tears started to form in my eyes writing the last sentences.