38

'What is this Jin ? What does this fucking mean?'

"It's what you are seeing Kihyun.My resignation letter"

'You are joking.'

"Not this time"

Seokjin said placing the bag on the rack.He had boarded the train .It won't leave for another ten minutes.

'You can't just drop your resignation on my table and expect me to accept it are you? When did you even send this!No.I don't care about that.I am not accepting this.You come here right now and tell me why is there this stupid paper lying on my desk'

"I am sorry doc.But I am not going to work there anymore.I will also be sending you the compensation money for not giving you advance notice"
Seokjin gulped as he hold back his tears.He had sent the letter to the hospital in the dawn.He didn't expect Kihyun to see it this quick.

'I don't want your damn money.You come back here right now Seokjin ! Where are you going then? Did someone else hire you? I know I have not been a very good boss ,I had hindered your skills but we can work something out .Do you want to only handle surgeries now ? Let's do that.I will immediately-"

"Kihyun."

'Jin.What the hell ? What's going on? Are you sick ? Do you want a vacation.You can take.Take as long as you want.But you cant resign.I need you pal.How will this hospital run without you.'

"I am not the owner.You are.And you are still there.I am sure you will manage it"
Seokjin choked out a sob.

'Are you crying ? Jin.Whats wrong? Tell me .I am your best buddy right ? Are you hurt? Where are you ? Tell me.I will come there.I am leaving now.'

Seokjin shut his eyes cursing.He should have known.

"I am not in Seoul right now"
He lied.He was still very much there.

'Then where are you .Tell me.I will manage something and get to you '

"Dont.Please.Kihyun.I can't right now.You have to understand. I am sorry."
And he cut the call.If he keeps talking to the latter.He will end up crying more.And he is sick of that.

There was an announcement of the train departing soon and Seokjin settled down in his seat.He looked at his phone ,Kihyun was calling.He blocked the latter's number.He needs this phone for a while.

Pulling up his contacts he called Eunkyung.

'Yaa...why are you calling me at this hour .Oppa,aren't you supposed to be in hospital right now ?'

'Hello?Oh god did you accidentally called me? You are not even on your phone right now are you? '

She cut the call and Seokjin dialed again
'You are gone crazy.But I know this call gets recorded.Let me use up all your Phone bill.So you are the world's dumbest brother.Who doesn't remember to press the side button of his phone so it won't accidentally call people.Which in case is always me.Why am I your emergency contact ? Uff ...this is like the hundredth time now.Oppa why are you so dumb ?'

She kept cutting the call and Seokjin kept dialing it again and again.

'Oppa? what's wrong? You are okay right? You are scaring me now okay.Where are you? Hello?'

Seokjin cut the call again sighing.Taking out his memory card he pocketed it.He thought he did.Unaware that it fell in the slit of his seat.

There was an announcement of the train departing and he pulled another contact sending a text.

Just when the train started to move ,he threw out the phone ,the device crashed into the pavement breaking in pieces.

"I won't be selfish anymore"
He muttered to himself as the train ran past the platform heading to Busan.